HKPRO Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1252 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Picking up my second tomorrow. I am not a serial number guy, but I am curious what it tells us about how many HK has brought in. My dealer just received it (only one) today from HK so it’s definitely from a new import batch.

Update: Serial turns out to be in the 530's; I thought we would be higher by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
Wondering where ya got #579 from Charger...finally got lucky being (supposedly) first on the list at a local Michigan gun store and got #580 last night...maybe you were second and they switched our guns? Lol
Nice score, mine was from Peacemakers in Howell, yours? I was first on list and they confirmed it again today when I picked it up. They said they only received 1. Did you happen to get the shipping box? I made sure they kept it for me. No HK markings on it anywhere though.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Looks like Eurooptic got at least two. Meanwhile, the large dealer with whom I'm first on the list has has gotten none. Its incredible that despite so much effort I have none and so many of u have 2. Ugh

·
Registered
594 Posts
Effort aint got shìt to do with getting one for the most part. Its about getting one locally or knowing someone or pure luck . Or getting one on GB.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Effort aint got shìt to do with getting one for the most part. Its about getting one locally or knowing someone or pure luck . Or getting one on GB.
Agree. It’s about having a solid, long-term relationship with a local dealer. That makes a difference.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
Agree. It’s about having a solid, long-term relationship with a local dealer. That makes a difference.

The two dealers that I was able to get both SP5's and PDW's from, one I've spent a sh$t ton with and the other just the 2 weapons. The sh$t ton one I would not consider myself being special there and am not on a first name basis with anyone. To me, it's just too big/busy and they want you in and out. The other, its a small shop targeted for the tactical in you. The proprietors are more personal/down to earth and don't mind a bit of loitering/drooling. If not being over an hour away, I'd spend more time there to establish a better rapport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howell huh? That’s a little ways from Michi-Gun in St Clair Shores...Very happy there are some good LGS out there willing to sell these to local customers for under retail...from most of these posts it’s definitely the exception instead of the rule...I have bought from them before, but far from a loyal customer that only shops there. Day it was announced I called around 4pm, they didn’t know much about it but were willing to take a deposit, and place me first on list should they get one. They sounded very optimistic they would receive at least one, so I didn’t bother looking elsewhere. A month later when I called to inquire, that optimism was gone. Got the call Thursday at work, and ran up there as soon as I got out with a smile on my face not even knowing what price they were asking...was smiling even more when they told me $2,499+tax...my buddy happens to be third on their list, that’s why I was curious if they already got two in...

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
Howell huh? That’s a little ways from Michi-Gun in St Clair Shores...Very happy there are some good LGS out there willing to sell these to local customers for under retail...from most of these posts it’s definitely the exception instead of the rule...I have bought from them before, but far from a loyal customer that only shops there. Day it was announced I called around 4pm, they didn’t know much about it but were willing to take a deposit, and place me first on list should they get one. They sounded very optimistic they would receive at least one, so I didn’t bother looking elsewhere. A month later when I called to inquire, that optimism was gone. Got the call Thursday at work, and ran up there as soon as I got out with a smile on my face not even knowing what price they were asking...was smiling even more when they told me $2,499+tax...my buddy happens to be third on their list, that’s why I was curious if they already got two in...

Yes, Howell is over an hour from me but hey, it was worth the drive. $2499+tax for me as well. Williams Gun Sight, who is right down the road, hit me for $2524+tax. Only 25 bucks more but I've already burnt that up in Full Auto fun. I called Michi-Gun when looking for SP5's and put deposit down but they never got one in by time I obtained mine. So I never bothered to call them when the PDW came out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya I’m from Shelby Township, so even Michi-gun isn’t exactly down the road, but Howell, is over an hour away, even Williams Gun Sight is about an hour from me...looked for my SP5 for some time, had no luck locally, then in July found one online for $2,899...which was over retail but considering the GB prices at the time, was reasonable...and couldn’t be happier with the pair 😊

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
Ya I’m from Shelby Township, so even Michi-gun isn’t exactly down the road, but Howell, is over an hour away, even Williams Gun Sight is about an hour from me...looked for my SP5 for some time, had no luck locally, then in July found one online for $2,899...which was over retail but considering the GB prices at the time, was reasonable...and couldn’t be happier with the pair 😊
I lived in Shelby, Clinton and Macomb Twp. Moved out to country 6yrs ago and despise going back into the city anymore. I enjoy my freedoms out here. Can go out back and shoot if the mood hits or fish the pond and best of all, no worries about nosy neighbors :).

My cheapest SP5 was from out of state, $2430 OTD and most expensive was from Peacemakers at $2650 OTD, same price they charged for the PDW. Williams actually charged me $175 more for PDW compared to same retail price as the SP5. Was a little bummed at that one but hey, still a lot better than most.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts

IF such dealer gets one. The two large dealers I'm on the list for have gotten none white other dealers have gotten several.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was the first one to get an Sp5 at MichiGUN...they really screwed me over on the Sp5k-pdw though. When I first called about it they didnt know what it was. I went to store...they said sorry we dont know what it is and we dont have any numbers, etc. I call the next day and they say "durrr, sure but youre 17th in line".

Never going to that fudd dump again.

edit: This was all within the first half hour of pdw being announced so Im not suprised they didnt know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m sorry about all that...I must have called later that same day, they didn’t know much about it but were willing to take a deposit saying they were sure they’d get one, when I called back almost a month later to check for any updates, they told me I was still first on list and there was only one other person with a deposit, my friend just went up there a couple weeks ago, put a deposit down and they told him he was third...so it appears they may have given ya some misinformation on the length of the deposit list, which I would be pissed about too

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,207 Posts
I put myself in line at Williams again after buying the first PDW they got in. I was 6th in line when I did and know a member on here received his call so should be most 5th in line. Knowing a new batch has arrived, I called them yesterday to verify this and the guy on other end just blew me off telling me everything is hard to get right now let alone anything HK and would not even bother looking my name up. No reason for a customer to be treated that way but I think a lot just has to do with the firearms environment these days and the enormous inquires they must get.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
My dealer got another in, and of course Immediately called me...

To let me know they put it on GB and I could bid on it. So much for 7 plus years of patronage....

The good news, it only starts at 4K lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like EuroOptic, except they say "they don't expect anymore, here is your deposit back for the two you had on order", then list them on Gunbroker!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer got another in, and of course Immediately called me...

To let me know they put it on GB and I could bid on it. So much for 7 plus years of patronage....

The good news, it only starts at 4K lol.
That is absolutely BS. I put down some cash at my dealer and was number 5 on the list. At this rate its going to be awhile. Good hunting for a PDW!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Freedom Armory used to sell SP5s at MSRP. They sold I believe at least one PDW at MSRP. Now they say HK raised their prices (BS obviously) so furute ones they get will be 4-5k. This is despite they said would be MSRP when one got on the wait list.

This gun has brought out the worst behavior is so many dealers. Very penny wise and dollar foolish as the customers they hosed will long remember being treated so poorly well after these are done.

I can't recall being so frustrated trying to find any gun as I've been w this one. It's just amazing how many of u have found 2 already at MSRP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I emailed Freedom Armory about an SP5. Never got a reply. So I went with Lanco Tactical. After a very long wait, I got an SP5. I am on a list now for PDW. I figured a PDW a month. Who the hell knows with the election at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1101 - 1120 of 1252 Posts