HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the bungee sling help at all for stability when you hold the gun straight out and pull the sling tight ?
Yeah I know it ain't no stock but was just wondering about it .

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Supposedly it offers resistance or isometric tension to help you hold the pistol "tight" which is slightly better than just holding it at arms length-but as Anthony L said above: to me its useless and is just a marketing ploy to make you know that you want to hurry up and SBR it (but seriously it is slightly better to have the bungee than "free hand")! When I got mine, I took it out once to test function it, then put it away until the stamp comes in. I don't see any fun in shooting it with the bungee or in pistol mode-but if I was in a non-SBR state then I would be happy with it as a pistol and bungee sling because I am one of those that is just so damn excited to have a brand new HK factory roller locked 9mm-thank God for free states and SBRs!

·
Priest of the P7
5,245 Posts
There is a marginal increase in stability using the bungee sling. These were meant to be SBRd imo, they just had to jump through some hoops to get them through the door.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I had the chance to shoot the SP5K this weekend -- one of my good friends picked one up from our LGS.

I agree with Elvis, there's a marginal (at best) increase in stability with the sling... nothing significant and not even worth writing about, in my opinion.

That said, the pistol handled significantly better than I expected -- it's much more effective than I expected in pistol configuration, exceptionally controllable and even more accurate than expected... to the point that I could truly see having one as a pistol-only configuration... if you had two of them, that is :)

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I agree the sling is useless. I have a SIG MPX and its sling is better. Not a bungee but the MPX came with a brace. I live in a state you cannot have an SBR. We were lucky to be able to get suppressors this year and I ordered a few. Waiting for the ATF now of course.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I shortened the bungee to the fullest extent.
Still had to have my arms fully extended to get any resistance.
So if you're slight of build, I would say the bungee just doesn't do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts