HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There have been a couple cases of this mentioned in other threads, so I thought I would start its own thread.

I just found this defect on my SP5K on the right rear receiver lug behind the ejection port where the optic mount seats. There is a slit-like hole in the receiver. Others have found this, too.

001.jpg
002.jpg

Mine is the 3rd example of this I've seen posted on the forum so far.

I think everyone needs to check their receivers.

Best

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Looks like the claw mount was cut a little too deep. Send Hk an email about it and they will take care of it. That's unfortunate for sure

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can you post approximate serial number range? I guess I need to check mine. It will probably help the community if we start to see a pattern develop in the serial numbers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've seen all three of defects on this forum.. Although HK will replace it, it is such a hassle to go through shipping it back then get it back.. Like OP said, everyone should take their rail off and check it out. On a side note, one member didn't notice the defect until he she couple of rounds off at the range.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can it be fixed, or does it require replacement of the serialized part, for those with pending NFA paperwork?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I have seen dozens upon dozens of MP5's over the years with the same thing.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
369 Posts
I have seen dozens upon dozens of MP5's over the years with the same thing.
So, do you think it affects function, structural integrity, or safety in any way, or is it just a cosmetic issue?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
So, do you think it affects function, structural integrity, or safety in any way, or is it just a cosmetic issue?
Bottom line on this IS if yours is defective in this manner, DONT shoot it! Immediately contact HK Customer Service for their exact instructions on how to proceed thru the Lifetime Warranty process for a replacement!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
What will happen to the returned SP5K, will they be destroyed or repaired and resale as manufacturer refurbished😁

·
Priest of the P7
4,807 Posts
I'm half scared to look at mine (haven't had the rail off yet). I'm wondering if they could fix this issue with a weld? I'd hate to have to start the Form 1 over again with extra hoops to jump through.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I'm half scared to look at mine (haven't had the rail off yet). I'm wondering if they could fix this issue with a weld? I'd hate to have to start the Form 1 over again with extra hoops to jump through.
Hit it with a Sharpie first and look through your beer goggles .

It would take way too much time to **** around with trying to weld it , refinish, re ,re , re ,etc. Scrap bin !

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
369 Posts
BSOE,

I know what you mean. I'm traveling and won't get a chance to look at mine until next week. Hoping for the best! ����

I've already had the barrel changed out, paddle release installed and it engraved. My Form 1 went in before the deadline, so I'm concerned that if there is a problem, HK might tell me they wouldn't warrant it, even though the mods had nothing to do with the issue.

The only way I'd do it would be if HK can either repair and return it, or issue me a new receiver with the same serial number. I'm not willing to kiss off three months in the ATF queue, plus having to deal with rebarreling and engraving.

So, here's hoping. Besides, maybe it's a "feature" not a "bug"! All snarky comments aside, how the heck did these get past the QC folks; considering the comments we see here about the original product versus those copies not manufactured by Germans with their ever-present oversight of production?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Purely cosmetic.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
What will happen to the returned SP5K, will they be destroyed or repaired and resale as manufacturer refurbished��
I have already sent in my inquiry :)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts