HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can't have enough mags.
But these things aren't cheap.
The gun comes with two and I ordered a second pair before receiving the gun - LOL!
But I'm starting to feel like I might sleep better with some more.
Thoughts?

BTW even though the SP5K cost more than double any single weapon I've bought.
I'm thrilled with the quality, accuracy and function of this weapon.
Best firearms purchase I've ever made :biggrin:

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you can own 30 round mags I would say 20+. With Hillary likely winning you paid over 2000 for the firearm I would say it's a good investment to have a good amount of mags for it. Unless in future you are willing to settle for 10 rounders which is what any new legislation goals would encompass

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I know you can't have enough mags.
But these things aren't cheap.
The gun comes with two and I ordered a second pair before receiving the gun - LOL!
But I'm starting to feel like I might sleep better with some more.
Thoughts?
I've had the same thought...I currently have 5 total for my shooter SP5K, and 2 more with my safe-queen. I anticipate buying a few more before November...

BTW even though the SP5K cost more than double any single weapon I've bought.
I'm thrilled with the quality, accuracy and function of this weapon.
Best firearms purchase I've ever made :biggrin:
I tend to agree. However, my recently acquired P7M8 and USP45 Elite come close :biggrin:

IMG_8855.jpg

image2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Genuine HK mags, you can never have enough of IMO. Just shop around for good deals though. Retail can eat up a budget fast.
Some of the import mags can work. I know guys down at the academy that love the MKE mags and some say the cheaper Korean mags work well if you replace the springs with HK springs. $5 spring in a $15 mag that runs well as that combo is far less expensive that $65 retail for one German. Better than 3 for 1.
If you buy German mags at $30-$45 a piece in good condition, I can't see how you can ever go wrong as they will only be worth more over time.
I imagine many are seeking mags right now which means prices can be higher than average for awhile. I know that my MKE mags run very well and so far. Finish is not bad either on them. However, I always prefer the genuine HKs when I am adding to my pile. I would not pass a good deal on Korean mags though.

·
Priest of the P7
4,976 Posts
As many as you can afford. The possibility of them going away is very real.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I average about 10 per gun I actual use, 5 for ones that sit in the safe. Having said that, I concur with the idea of buying now vs. later. The 90s taught us what ban prices looked like- and that was $100+ for *plastic* magazines...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
At least 5 German mags, and if you can find some of the POF mags for $30, pick some of those up as well. They're great quality and function 100% in all my German and clone MP5's

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
at min 10 ..The old straight mags are cheeper or at least were when I was getting mp5 mags ..But they dont run HP ammo that good ...
That seems to be the Sweet Spot I'm getting from most so far.
Close to ordering two more to top off my mags to ten :cool:

Thanks to everyone for their responses! :biggrin:
Barth

Update: Just ordered two more topping off my supply at ten.
I feel better already - LOL :biggrin:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Buy as many as you can afford. It's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them. The closer it gets to the election, the more everything will dry up. If you thought $90 for a magazine was bad now, it will be a hundred and fifty for that same magazine. And then you'll debate on whether spending $150 on it or not. Then before you know it, you won't even be able to find it. If something is out there that you think you want, like ammunition, reloading components, magazines, extra gun parts, you should really consider making sure that you have enough put away that you don't need to order or buy anything else for the next two years.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Buy as many as you can afford. It's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them. The closer it gets to the election, the more everything will dry up. If you thought $90 for a magazine was bad now, it will be a hundred and fifty for that same magazine. And then you'll debate on whether spending $150 on it or not. Then before you know it, you won't even be able to find it. If something is out there that you think you want, like ammunition, reloading components, magazines, extra gun parts, you should really consider making sure that you have enough put away that you don't need to order or buy anything else for the next two years.
Well said. An older gentleman at our annual machine gun shoot this year told me to buy everything that I can afford to buy, right now. Who know's what the market will be like in a year from now...I don't want to wait and find out.

·
Priest of the P7
4,976 Posts
Well said. An older gentleman at our annual machine gun shoot this year told me to buy everything that I can afford to buy, right now. Who know's what the market will be like in a year from now...I don't want to wait and find out.
Think of it this way -- nothing will ever be as plentiful or inexpensive as it is right now. My UPS guy probably thinks I'm insane, the amount of ammo he's delivering to me every week. His poor back. I better get him a bottle of bourbon for xmas.

My mindset is: what guns and mags are my sons going to need (they're 2yo and 1mo). Because I believe it's pretty unlikely they'll be able to buy a BB gun when they're grown.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You guys Stink!!!
Just kidding :biggrin:

This thread is really costing me - LOL!
I've got 500 rounds of Federal HST 147 gr 9mm for the SP5K in hand.
But the last few posts convinced me to order a second 500 while the prices are down and the ammo is available.
My biggest fear is that online ammo sales could easily be banned :mad:
With no ammo - guns become useless...

My apologies to the moderators.
Understand this thread is on the verge of turning into ammo/politics related.
Thanks for letting us converse about taboo topics for just a moment :biggrin:

Barth

1 - 20 of 62 Posts