HKPRO Forums banner
341 - 360 of 421 Posts

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·

is this legit? I feel like I've seen this photo numerous times (recognize the "shadow" of the brace in the foam), but somehow this guy has positive feedback.
Interesting... Seller has very positive rating but you are right, we've seen these pictures recently by the below scammers. Now is this a legit seller that other scammers are stealing pictures from or is this a sleeper cell scammer that has a huge network of shill buyers (also sleepers)? Now if someone has time to go through all the buyers that gave him positive ratings and see if there is a pattern of shill buyers/sellers giving each other 'reach around' feedbacks, then this could be someone that has a huge scam network going on...

Again, I'm not sure what is going on here...

Re: Recent Scammers using exact same SP5 pics:

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
Many legit sellers use stock pics and also disclose the practice. Others do not. So that in and of itself does not necessarily lead to such a conclusion IMHO.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
That background in the pics jumps right out. His other Anaconda auction seems to fit with other scammer's MO of just a few pics with crappy selections. Why not post more pics of his Anaconda like the SP5? Again, something seems off, but I'll give him the benefit of doubt at the moment. Definitely watching this auction and will dig into some of his 'buyers'...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Many legit sellers use stock pics and also disclose the practice. Others do not. So that in and of itself does not necessarily lead to such a conclusion IMHO.
stock photos are one thing in my book, but someone else’s personal photos doesn’t instill confidence. It’s so easy to take your own photos and upload them these days, I don’t think I would buy from a private seller without photographs. Especially when a lot of payment platforms offer zero buyer protection from scams.

It’s a shame because I have never bought off gun broker, but there seems to be an abundance of scams. I don’t think I would ever order anything through there.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
Another scammer goes down - thanks to everyone who answered the call and helped
ED1706C2-BE20-4994-AF7B-42D633DEE3BC.jpeg

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
unfortunately this is like the game of whack a mole. spend a few hours on the computer and rip somebody off for a few thousand. Too bad there is next to no federal law enforcement resources to be proactive rather than reactive after somebody is scammed. Nevertheless I think that we are doing good work by zapping scammers. It raises awareness and hopefully fewer people get scammed.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
Had a sentencing hearing Friday for a methamphetamine dealer. Criminal felony history starts in 1988 with a federal cocaine conviction and then the better part of 4 pages single spaced criminal history including felony drug dealing convictions also in North Carolina, Maryland and Iowa state court.

Has been to prison a four times. The Dept. of Corrections recommendation was probation.

I emailed my best LEO because I wanted some uniforms in the audience to show how important those of us in law enforcement think it is for serial for profit drug dealers to go to prison. Perhaps also to stop the prosecutor from acting too much like a fool to suggest that prison is appropriate. What do I need to do walk on my hands while playing the accordion while singing kum bay ya?

The judge saw it our way: throw away the key! People in this state have no idea how hard it is to sent to prison.

341 - 360 of 421 Posts