HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bought one, doing the paperwork. Would love to watch a video of you shooting with it while I’m waiting for the ATF process. Cheers!
For sure! I’ll try to get a video on my next range trip. My can is still being processed as well through the atf fortunately my ffl allows me to shoot at their range while I wait to get approved.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I have one of these cans. It's extremely heavy and so voluminous it has first round pops, anyone else notice this? I don't end up using it much even when I'm packing the sear because it's just so heavy. To put it in perspective it weights more than the deadair sandman-s - about as much as the nomad-l. Lately I just end up taking my Omega 9k over this one. Has anyone tried it wet? I wonder if that would solve some of the issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one of these cans. It's extremely heavy and so voluminous it has first round pops, anyone else notice this? I don't end up using it much even when I'm packing the sear because it's just so heavy. To put it in perspective it weights more than the deadair sandman-s - about as much as the nomad-l. Lately I just end up taking my Omega 9k over this one. Has anyone tried it wet? I wonder if that would solve some of the issue.
I do get the first round pop but in my opinion it is still a lot quieter than any K can on the market (my primary reason for a suppressor is to reduce noise instead of flash suppression) As for running it wet, I contacted gsl and they do not recommend to do this. The weight hasn’t really bothered me too much since it is still considerably lighter than my ar 15

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I do get the first round pop but in my opinion it is still a lot quieter than any K can on the market (my primary reason for a suppressor is to reduce noise instead of flash suppression) As for running it wet, I contacted gsl and they do not recommend to do this. The weight hasn’t really bothered me too much since it is still considerably lighter than my ar 15
I look forward to pewscience or someone rating it one day. Even when I'm going fullsize can I typically grab the wolfman or obsidian over this one. It does look cool though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I look forward to pewscience or someone rating it one day. Even when I'm going fullsize can I typically grab the wolfman or obsidian over this one. It does look cool though!
How do you like the wolfman? I been eyeing it for a while. Thinking about getting on soon for my ar9

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
How do you like the wolfman? I been eyeing it for a while. Thinking about getting on soon for my ar9
I never end up reconfiguring it but I really like the long config. The volume is plenty for 30 round mag dumps. It’s one of my favorite cans. It’s pretty quiet long, I can’t even recall the short config off hand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Phoenix in jail and can’t wait to test drive it. Did you shoot subsonics in your video? Or 115g? Might be the difference between the first round pop your hearing?

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
To the OP.....cool set up. A large volume can like the GSL Phoenix or the Wolfman is probably well suited to a shorter barrel PCC. I've had a CGS Mod9 for a while and have a DA Wolfman in jail. I seriously considered the Phoenix, but the huge size and non-modularity made me go with the Wolfman instead. If it sounds good on the SP5K, it probably sounds even better on the SP5, with its longer barrel.

Reactions: Tayyyyyj

·
Registered
38 Posts
With large coaxial cans like this, there’s a lot of volume for the blast chamber and I think that’s what contributes to 1st “few” round pop. Here’s my CT9KS getting quieter shot by shot...

Absolutely badass video comparison buddy!! By the 5th shot, it sounds like a stapler. I never took into account the depletion of oxygen within the can. Gotta love physics!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts