HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my SP5K from MM today. I had him install a paddle mag release before he shipped it and It looks great. I am very happy with work. I also had him engrave my trust information and you can see how he fit it neatly underneath the trigger housing on the tang. Unfortunately, my city name was spelled wrong so I am trying to figure out what to do about that. It should be spelled "Cantonment"

I am still very happy that I was able to get an SP5K before the 41P deadline for a good price with a paddle mag release to boot. Here are some quick pictures for reference.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Spelling mistake. What spelling mistake? I never noticed - HUH!. IANAL, so not dispensed as opinion. I am sure he can re-do it though.

LOOKS AWESOME

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I don't see any spelling mistake. Looks right to me.

Does Mike drill through the right tab, install the pivot, then weld it back up?

·
Priest of the P7
4,825 Posts
I got mine yesterday, he does nice work! I was going to post pics but you beat me to it, now I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see any spelling mistake. Looks right to me.

Does Mike drill through the right tab, install the pivot, then weld it back up?
Ha yeah guys it is under the trigger housing so I could just say what mistake and just ignore it. Yes it appears that is what he did, the paddle is a necessity in my opinion so I didn't mind the drilling and welding.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spelling mistake. What spelling mistake? I never noticed - HUH!. IANAL, so not dispensed as opinion. I am sure he can re-do it though.

LOOKS AWESOME
He replied to me in an email:

"I apologize for the misspelling.

There should be no reason to mess with it.

If it was way short or not even close it might be an issue.

Not in this case.

Thanks,Mike"

So I guess I will just try to ignore it...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
That's great! Thanks for posting. Mike is doing same things to mine, and adding a 3-lug barrel for my Omega 9K. Didn't know how long it would take, but this is much sooner than I expected to already see him finishing them up! Looks like a great job!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a poor response from the engraver. Provided that you spelled it correctly when you provided the information to be engraved (which I'm assuming that you did) he made a mistake. Period. He should refund you for the engraving work.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
He replied to me in an email:

"I apologize for the misspelling.

There should be no reason to mess with it.

If it was way short or not even close it might be an issue.

Not in this case.

Thanks,Mike"

So I guess I will just try to ignore it...

Good thing Mike doesn't do these

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is installing a mag release something a gunsmith needs to do or can it be done easily by anyone?
Any individual can do it but it is a delicate process that can leave your gun in an illegal configuration. It is better left to a professional for a 2600 dollar gun in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's great! Thanks for posting. Mike is doing same things to mine, and adding a 3-lug barrel for my Omega 9K. Didn't know how long it would take, but this is much sooner than I expected to already see him finishing them up! Looks like a great job!
I decided to wait for the B&T 3 lug, but please post some pictures of yours when you get it.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a poor response from the engraver. Provided that you spelled it correctly when you provided the information to be engraved (which I'm assuming that you did) he made a mistake. Period. He should refund you for the engraving work.
I asked for a refund so we will see how that goes...

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
270 Posts
Just picked up my SP5K yesterday, I might have to send it off to him for the paddle mag release. Looks like great work!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts

Can someone please post similar shots of an IGF paddle install. I'd like to compare the finished product, side-by-side. When I look at the middle picture, I'm not impressed with the finished product. Being new to roller-locks, this may be normal. Whether it's under the trigger group housing or not, I'd like to see a higher quality of finished work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts