HKPRO Forums banner
2061 - 2080 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Still available, 90+ feedback seller, i am not affiliated. Comes w a surefire hg
The four guns that are for sale are common among scammers. All four guns have various quantity of photos and each has a different background. Might be a good idea to practice due diligence here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The four guns that are for sale are common among scammers. All four guns have various quantity of photos and each has a different background. Might be a good idea to practice due diligence here.
Agree always practice due diligence. I saw the seller had recent feedback as a seller and has a high feedback rating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Still available, 90+ feedback seller, i am not affiliated. Comes w a surefire hg
I'd be super cautious. He has 4 popular brand new items all listed well below current pricing.
I think it's a hacked account.
From their feedback history, it looks like they more typically sell crates of old ammo.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i gotta say, that was a good scammer. Actually had pics of the surefire hg, pics werent blurry, price was reasonable and not super low, and highly rated seller. Theyre gettin smarter!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i gotta say, that was a good scammer. Actually had pics of the surefire hg, pics werent blurry, price was reasonable and not super low, and highly rated seller. Theyre gettin smarter!
I don't think so . The other listings on that account had Personal Check, PayPal, USPS Money Order, Money Order, Certified Check listed as payment methods for the past sales and this one had Paypal only for the sp5. That alone was obvious to me it was a scam.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,578 Posts
May I ask why PayPal only is a scam? Is it because it goes against PayPal’s terms and conditions, so money can’t be refunded?
against Paypal rules (which puts the buyer’s account @ risk of closure) - scammers only want F&F so there is no recourse - scammers will give you an email different than the registered GB email - have never seen a legitimate gun seller listing paypal only.

·
Registered
28 Posts
May I ask why PayPal only is a scam? Is it because it goes against PayPal’s terms and conditions, so money can’t be refunded?
That's the main reason. Same for the other quick payment methods that are typically used for scams because the money is non-returnable.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Yup...PayPal doesn't mess around and it's too easy for a stupid buyer to screw it up. TommyBuilt just got nailed because someone put a reference to a UMP in the comments on a PP transaction. They shut down his account and seized six grand!! What part of "no comments" is so hard for people to understand?? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,578 Posts
If you have actually read the PayPal terms of service (or for that matter most everything bigtech) you might not participate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
against Paypal rules (which puts the buyer’s account @ risk of closure) - scammers only want F&F so there is no recourse - scammers will give you an email different than the registered GB email - have never seen a legitimate gun seller listing paypal only.
but thats begs the question (and this has been brought up a million times) - its not like a usps money order or check are any safer than using paypal. Anyone can cash it and then peace out.
And regarding the paypal email different than the registered one - i have to do this because when I registered, gb made me use a non yahoo/gmail/hotmail email, which ended being some random one for me.
Not disputing your thoughts, just giving a different perspective (of a non scammer lol)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yup...PayPal doesn't mess around and it's too easy for a stupid buyer to screw it up. TommyBuilt just got nailed because someone put a reference to a UMP in the comments on a PP transaction. They shut down his account and seized six grand!! What part of "no comments" is so hard for people to understand?? :rolleyes:
They will likely keep much or all of that money as a fine after the 90 day hold they put on it.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,578 Posts
but thats begs the question (and this has been brought up a million times) - its not like a usps money order or check are any safer than using paypal. Anyone can cash it and then peace out.
And regarding the paypal email different than the registered one - i have to do this because when I registered, gb made me use a non yahoo/gmail/hotmail email, which ended being some random one for me.
Not disputing your thoughts, just giving a different perspective (of a non scammer lol)
…if I spoke with you on the phone and confirmed your identity etc. (address DOB confirm LGS etc.) - glad to do business with a USPS MO - standard practice back in the day. Scammers just have Email contact and get your money. My latest very high dollar deal involved me getting on an airplane and go and look at it @ the shipping LGS. A confirmed LGS especially FFL/SOT - no problem.
No way I’m sending money in any way shape or form to an individual without good verification. If a prospective seller doesn’t like my rules - fine the deal’s off.

2061 - 2080 of 2255 Posts