HKPRO Forums banner
2081 - 2100 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
This SP5 just sold for $4,500. What is going on?

Nothing special is going on. Look at the bid history. The last reasonable bid was $3200. After that was between the 2 NR and a (+1) bidders, not to be taken seriously. Gunbroker is a big circus these days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing special is going on. Look at the bid history. The last reasonable bid was $3200. After that was between the 2 NR and a (+1) bidders, not to be taken seriously. Gunbroker is a big circus these days.
Normally I'd agree but right now on GB there is only 1 SP5k and its a non PDW.

In the past month, maybe 5 or 6 have been listed and that's it.

·
Registered
74 Posts

$3250 - this is within Virginia, but maybe the seller would be willing to ship?
Hopefully you guys are right and it’s because of no new batches lately. The SP5 isn’t a limited production gun, is it? I’ve been slacking on picking one up. I’ve been waiting for the prices to get as low as possible, but when I saw that $4,500 I was worried that I waited too long. I was on Sportsman’s Warehouse late at night a few weeks ago and they had it in stock for $2,799. I about fainted. The problem is, I’m in Maryland so I have to reach out to the seller and see if they will remove the mags. That can be a problem with a big company. I like how Bud’s does it. They have a checkbox on the check-out screen that you can select if you want them to remove the mags. It makes it very easy. I haven’t seen that anywhere else. Even though GunJoker can be a pain, it’s nice because I can just shoot the seller a message asking if they will remove the mags. I’ve lived in Maryland since I was 21 so it’ll sure be a treat one day when I move away and I can buy any gun I want without having to wait for it to hit the roster, without having to wait seven days to pick it up and without having to have high capacity mags removed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hopefully you guys are right and it’s because of no new batches lately. The SP5 isn’t a limited production gun, is it? I’ve been slacking on picking one up. I’ve been waiting for the prices to get as low as possible, but when I saw that $4,500 I was worried that I waited too long. I was on Sportsman’s Warehouse late at night a few weeks ago and they had it in stock for $2,799. I about fainted. The problem is, I’m in Maryland so I have to reach out to the seller and see if they will remove the mags. That can be a problem with a big company. I like how Bud’s does it. They have a checkbox on the check-out screen that you can select if you want them to remove the mags. It makes it very easy. I haven’t seen that anywhere else. Even though GunJoker can be a pain, it’s nice because I can just shoot the seller a message asking if they will remove the mags. I’ve lived in Maryland since I was 21 so it’ll sure be a treat one day when I move away and I can buy any gun I want without having to wait for it to hit the roster, without having to wait seven days to pick it up and without having to have high capacity mags removed.
The SP5 shouldn't be. HK removed the "limited production" bit from their site on the SP5L and SP5 models but it is still there on the SP5k PDW model.

But it seems new imports of both have dried up as of the end of July/beginning of August.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SP5K PDWs are configured in the USA by HK USA. The SP5L and SP5 seem to keep popping up on AU website imported by HKI, but haven't been able to score an SP5K out of them when ever they drop

·
Registered
126 Posts
Word on the street is that another batch of PDW’s is inbound to dealers now. Don’t be taken advantage of on GB by those trying to capitalize on the predictable import cycle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,099 ·
SP5K PDWs are configured in the USA by HK USA. The SP5L and SP5 seem to keep popping up on AU website imported by HKI, but haven't been able to score an SP5K out of them when ever they drop
Interesting…. Does this mean that they can dodge any future import bans?

2081 - 2100 of 2255 Posts