HKPRO Forums banner
2241 - 2260 of 2395 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I spent the last couple hours pinging a good handful of the Scheels in the US, probably 20 of them to find out if they’ve seen any recent HK stuff come in. Only one Scheels I called had just one sp5k in last weekend (a Kansas location), and one in the dakotas had one sp5. All the other locations I spoke to haven’t really seen any come in since the last big shipment in June/July. I’ve been calling my local Scheels daily for any word and they still haven’t seen anything new come in.

Crossing my fingers that this quarter’s shipment is still on the way and not just a couple of sp5/sp5k for all these Scheels locations.
Thanks for making all these calls! (were you able to buy the SP5K they had? 🤞)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately no, it was long gone before I called them. I did run across a different shop this morning that has a sp5 for less than 3000 but I’m really looking for that K.
I would get the sp5!!! You'll want both. Atleast that's how I feel. Probably gonna sell off one of my mac 10 open bolts to finance the sp5.. if anyone is interested send me a PM.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The PDW's are all over gb.
Of course they are. People need to start realizing the racket this is down the whole supply chain. H&K, Dealers, and retailers all in on it.

As long as people keep complying (i.e. overpaying)...they will keep doing it. Plain and simple. As someone posted recently...all it take is two to have an auction. People who can't see through this are either dumb or complicit. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Automobiles are my real passion, firearms being a close second if not a tie for first.. that said I follow the car market closely and I can see similarities in the 2 markets.. it's an apple to an orange and I have no true experience with these types of cars per say but hear me out.. the supercar market has as of the last decade or so been really similar to what's going on with these firearms, limited production cars offered to select individuals then immediately put up for sale were talking 1.5 million dollar Ferrari's being sold for 2.5 million within a year, sometimes double original msrp or sale price. Because there is such a limited supply and such a high demand, and so many people with the money willing to pay.. I see the future of these guns going up and people not willing to sell them for less than what they're paying especially if they are truly "limited"... just speculation but that's where I see this going and again I'm no expert in either field, just a guy from a small town in South Dakota.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Automobiles are my real passion, firearms being a close second if not a tie for first.. that said I follow the car market closely and I can see similarities in the 2 markets.. it's an apple to an orange and I have no true experience with these types of cars per say but hear me out.. the supercar market has as of the last decade or so been really similar to what's going on with these firearms, limited production cars offered to select individuals then immediately put up for sale were talking 1.5 million dollar Ferrari's being sold for 2.5 million within a year, sometimes double original msrp or sale price. Because there is such a limited supply and such a high demand, and so many people with the money willing to pay.. I see the future of these guns going up and people not willing to sell them for less than what they're paying especially if they are truly "limited"... just speculation but that's where I see this going and again I'm no expert in either field, just a guy from a small town in South Dakota.
some HK‘s are like the 911 gt3’s

·
Registered
62 Posts
i feel like a fool for paying what I did for a PDW this spring... i thought the imported gun world was going to collapse. I bought into the fear. Ugh. Oh well. I have it, nothing I can do about it now. only over payed by $1500-1600 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
181 Posts
i feel like a fool for paying what I did for a PDW this spring... i thought the imported gun world was going to collapse. I bought into the fear. Ugh. Oh well. I have it, nothing I can do about it now. only over payed by $1500-1600 :ROFLMAO:
nah, just too soon. You’ve had one for 6(?) months or so? Thats 6 months of not scouring WTS ads, gunbroker, or calling every Scheel’s store like Mikey in Swingers. There’s value to that. Plus, one EO like the Russian guns and you’d be happy.

even at 1500 over retail, these are under-priced vs SP89s a few years ago. Shoot, a genuine PDW barrel alone was a few grand

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,692 Posts
SP5L at guns.com for under 2700. KYGuns has one for around 2800.

No affiliation.
I think the Pinocchio is a great choice - lots of stocks available (my fav BT adapter with an UMP stock) no tax stamp, engraving etc. Goes from pistol to rifle in seconds.
L is generally hundreds less than the 5 and thousands less than the K.
Threaded and lug barrell so a can or muzzle devise looks great (although I think BT has a better solution with the 3 lug tip comes off to reveal the threads)

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
SP5L at guns.com for under 2700. KYGuns has one for around 2800.

No affiliation.
After missing out on one for ~$2400 because I didn't read a GunBroken auction ending time right, I can't bring myself to spend $2700. $2500 is my self-imposed cap for an L.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't pay $500 for Pinocchio. LOL. I get it, but I really don't get it. Well, maybe for $500, I could buy a std barrel, and pay a gunsmith to replace the long barrel and still come out ahead vs. buying a second SP5. But then it wouldn't be made/assembled by the magic elves in Oberndorf Germany. :D

BTW, quick update on my SP5K-PDW...nowhere to be seen. LOL. Talked to my guy at my local place. He can't get SP5 or SP5K-PDW. Does anyone know how many come in a "pallet" (or however they are shipped by the elves in Germany)?

2241 - 2260 of 2395 Posts