HKPRO Forums banner
2341 - 2360 of 2395 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was at Mission Ridge Range in Plano Tx and saw that they had a SP5L in stock for $2999 if anyone is looking for that one

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, it’s looking like the pdw’s for this quarter was much more subdued in quantity than last time. Guess I’ll just wait patiently for January

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, it’s looking like the pdw’s for this quarter was much more subdued in quantity than last time. Guess I’ll just wait patiently for January
None of us know how many were made, and/or coming in. Supply chain is also messed up.

Nevertheless...I agree everyone should go to Gun Broker and/or Grabagun and get an SP5K-PDW for $5K or more. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Typical batch size for PDW's has been 500. Is there anything to indicate the current batch will be different? What is the highest ser# so far? I recall something in the 22xx range?

Also, just because Scheels got a huge chunk of the last batch doesn't mean they will get the same percentage of this one. Guns could go in completely different directions this time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,346 ·
Typical batch size for PDW's has been 500. Is there anything to indicate the current batch will be different? What is the highest ser# so far? I recall something in the 22xx range?

Also, just because Scheels got a huge chunk of the last batch doesn't mean they will get the same percentage of this one. Guns could go in completely different directions this time.
I often wonder if Scheels got such a large batch of PDWs because the PDWs sent to them were missing the sight tool. Maybe the full obligation of what the firearm should come with wasn’t fulfilled so they were sort of sold like dare I say…. “blems”. Scheels took the “risk” of picking up the large batch knowing HK would eventually supply the missing sight tool to irate customers. Total speculation…. But it somewhat makes sense, instead of sending PDWs to a bunch of different dealers and them all complaining that there was no sight tool - someone ended up saying, call Scheels and see if they’ll take the “blem” PDWs knowing that Scheels could take that risk on and it would ultimately minimize complaints coming from several different dealers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
already told my buddy @HKSP5KPDW this before but the Port Delays are messing a lot of things up for guns and every other item that needs imported. The Crates are sitting for months at a time because of the backlog . So if you only see 200 from this past run another 300 could just be sitting around waiting at the port.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,690 Posts
….they were sort of sold like dare I say…. “blems”. Scheels took the “risk” …. Total speculation…. no sight tool - someone ended up saying, call Scheels and see if they’ll take the “blem” PDWs….
I doubt that there is a HK dealer in the country that would’ve turned down a SP5 PDWK for lack of a sight tool especially when the generally superb HK customer service follows up and ships one right out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,350 ·
Still of the opinion that sellers take on some risk if the package isn’t complete. As a consumer, you’re still paying $3000 for an incomplete product. Think about that for a sec…. Im sure they had complaints regarding lack of sight tool.

Im by no means saying that dealers wouldnt be ok with getting PDWs without sight tools for their customers, but you cant say 100% would be happy without a complete firearm package. Im more so saying at the distributor level, my preference would be to ship to one entity knowing complaints wouldn’t be as widespread, a “centralized” source of complaints in a sense all from Scheels and their customers. Again, this is speculation, Im not saying this is what happened.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I purchased my SP5K PDW from Scheels. It did not come with a sight tool. To be honest I didn’t think much about it being missing.
Call HK customer service. My first SP5K-PDW from Scheels was missing the sight tool as well, and when I called HK they sent me one with a free hat.

Also just wanna say again how awesome Scheels is. They are like the Chick-Fil-A of gun stores.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today is your day! If you want an SP5 for a good price, start making phone calls - they are out there, and with enough phone calls you will find as many as you’d like!

“I am the gatekeeper of my own destiny, and I will have my glory day in the hot sun.” - Nacho Libre

·
Registered
131 Posts
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today is your day! If you want an SP5 for a good price, start making phone calls - they are out there, and with enough phone calls you will find as many as you’d like!
I'm too scared to call...cause if they have one I would almost feel obligated to buy another one and right now I just cannot justify it. Let someone else have it. (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did anybody else get way excited when the email came in from BattleHawk this morning for an in stock SP5? Too bad they raised the price to $3,888.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did anybody else get way excited when the email came in from BattleHawk this morning for an in stock SP5? Too bad they raised the price to $3,888.
I wouldnt even bother with Battlehawk for an HK. In the last week I got a notification for a VP9. I jumped on it. Then a day or two later they canceled it with the following email:
"We apologize for the error, unfortunately this item is out of stock here, and out of stock at all of our distribution/fulfillment warehouses, your entire order has been canceled and refunded. We have issued a full refund, although it may take from 1 to 7 business days for the banks to show this.

Please signup for a wishlist back in stock notification to be notified when this item will be back in stock.

While inventory is at the utmost importance to us, we have to manually process all orders, we ship most orders ourselves, but if the order has to be shipped from an outside warehouse/distributor we can't lock in the inventory until the order is proccessed. What most likely happened in this scenario is that another dealer grabbed this inventory before we could.

Thank You and sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused."

Basically they are a drop shipper, process orders manually, and are too slow. Some other drop shipper beat them to the punch and "claimed the inventory". So...do you really think even if you ordered an SP5 from them...you'll actually get it? I guess maybe @ $3,888 you will...cause maybe not a ton of people are willing to overpay by about a $950. LOL. Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my journey in finding a sp5k under $3k since I started in July, I have come across 3 different sp5 opportunities under $3k by calling around and stuff. Have found somewhere that had an SL8, USC, mk 23, vp9’s, USPs, etc. all for decent prices. The opportunities are definitely out there, just holding out for The One.

2341 - 2360 of 2395 Posts