HKPRO Forums banner

SP5s for under $3000

343K views 3K replies 416 participants last post by  Ukyank 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am hoping that this thread will help folks find an SP5 for under $2500. If you’ve purchased an SP5 for under $2500 - please chime in with where you got it and at what price (local or online retailer). I am hoping this will drive more commerce to businesses that are giving great deals to the consumer, too. I’ll start it off. I bought mine from Bud’s Gun Shop back in December for just under $2500! Good deal I thought, but I've heard of folks getting better deals. Please, no cluttering the thread with purchases over let's say.... $2600. Maybe it will end up being a sparse thread, but maybe not!

#5 ·
Climate always changes.... its called climate change : ) Im sure businesses are still giving good deals. In fact, I missed one for $2180 at Lanbo’s Armory the other day. It was in stock overnight and I slept on it....sold out next morning. Timing is everything, Im in the process of buying a house and couldn’t extend beyond the 10k Ive had to put up for it.

#11 ·
I think that was a fluke. I saw several come in stock at the same time at several places. I ordered one from a place for even cheaper. Got contacted the next morning saying they don't know how I was able to order it. They haven't had one in stock for months. I think there may have been a glitch with some of these sights or they may be connected to their distributors. Basically they were not able to fulfill my order so I wonder how many of these stores actually had them in stock.

#15 ·
I'd rather go to Ralph at RDTS and get an MP5 made from a German parts kit. You will get a standard semi shelf and no stupid receiver block. I've got two from him already, a MP5 classic Premium build with no silly rail on top and a SD with his best in the business suppressor. Ralph's steel suppressor is quieter than the factory HK aluminum or the B&T or really any other one I have tried. It's ridiculously quiet and of course runs bulk, inexpensive, 124 and 115.

Hoping this thread will help folks find an SP5 for under $2500. If you’ve purchased an SP5 for under $2500 - please chime in with where you got it and at what price (local or online retailer). Hoping this will drive more commerce to businesses that are giving great deals to the consumer too. I’ll start it off, I bought mine from Bud’s Gun Shop back in December for just under $2500! Good deal I thought, but Ive heard of folks getting better deals. Please no cluttering the thread with purchases over lets say.... $2600. Maybe it will end up being a sparse thread, but maybe not!

#19 ·
Agree, so long as HK continues to import them in numbers, there is little chance they are not going to go down, barring HK raising their price to distributors. Basic economics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#24 · (Edited)
I have two, and the second one I got for $2600. But it was in MO in a part of the state that had a high sales tax, that I didn't realize. I arranged the sale through a friend. They move a lot of HKs there. So, it ended up being effectively $2900 out the door. Sales tax was 9.9. But if you are out of state, you could avoid that. It's been several weeks, but worth a try for you. Great Guns in Liberty, MO. Not sure if that was a special friend price or if the others are the same.

Let me know what you find. It was an older one with a low SN and first edition case. 0017XX. He had four more at the time.

#26 ·
An Austin, Texas area LGS had one a few weeks back (no idea on price), but was the first time I had seen one posted in the area. This is an awesome thread to keep an eye on for a future SP5 purchaser (thinking of putting an order around December).

#33 ·
I special ordered my SP5 beginning of January at an LGS in Billings, MT, took a month and a half to arrive. My price was significantly lower due to the fact that I got an employee discount through my wife: $2,229.00 total. The local indoor range said mine is the only SP5 they've actually seen pass through their doors so far, and the one they ordered back in December still hasn't arrived.

#34 ·
I would be thrilled to find one in stock for $2600-2700. There have been some locally, but I am not paying the $3400 plus tax they were asking. Ugh. If anyone has a good lead let me know!

#35 ·
I ordered through LGS. Quoted price was $2299 + tax. I paid in full in advance. It took 4.5 months to come in. But it worked out in the end. Final price was $2498 and change. I guess patience will pay off if the shop is reputable, although mine was tested pretty thoroughly.

#40 ·
I had been in communication with Cedar Park Gun Store/Guns Warehouse for a few days trying to get an SP5. They had an SP5 in stock, I called and told them I was interested and could pay ASAP and give them my FFL information, they took my information and I never received a callback. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and I called back the next day as soon as they opened, they apologized and took my information down again. A few hours passed and I said the hell with this and started to look for another SP5.

I found one at Osage County Guns, I paid for my SP5 immediately, the coupon code that I was e-mailed was not accepted but I finished and processed my order anyways. A few hours later, I receive an e-mail from Osage County Guns that my SP5 was sold in store. At this point, I'm seriously annoyed with sellers.

I go on Gunbroker and saw that Tin Star Shooting Range had a few SP5s up for sale with a Buy It Now of $2,699.99, SOLD, I paid immediately. I received an e-mail confirmation from Tin Star Shooting Range and this morning I received an invoice and I was informed that my SP5 will leave today, that I would receive tracking today as well. They already contacted my FFL as well. So far, two thumbs up and a 5 star review from me. My FFL received my SP5 in 2 todays in perfect condition, bag and outer box and all.

So,...

Guns Warehouse - $2,600 - I will never shop with them
Osage County Guns - $2,850 - I will never, ever shop with this store again
Tin Star Shooting Range - $$2,699.99 - A+ Experience, I'm actually looking to buy another SP5

#41 ·
I think a lot of these online vendors link their website to their distributor so if the distributor gets one in all these websites are like hey it’s available and then 20 people all order and get notified it was out of stock. I put an order in with a small online vendor when it was “in stock” only to get an email saying they don’t know how I was able to buy it. They haven’t had one in stock for months.

#47 ·
H&K

Hoping this thread will help folks find an SP5 for under $2500. If you’ve purchased an SP5 for under $2500 - please chime in with where you got it and at what price (local or online retailer). Hoping this will drive more commerce to businesses that are giving great deals to the consumer too. I’ll start it off, I bought mine from Bud’s Gun Shop back in December for just under $2500! Good deal I thought, but Ive heard of folks getting better deals. Please no cluttering the thread with purchases over lets say.... $2600. Maybe it will end up being a sparse thread, but maybe not!

You are not going to find any H&K SP5 for those prices anymore. Demand is too high. You better get one while you can. They will be banned shortly.

#51 · (Edited)
You are not going to find any H&K SP5 for those prices anymore. Demand is too high. You better get one while you can. They will be banned shortly.
yeah, it's funny b/c it wasn't that long ago that people were wistful for the old days of $3000 DOJ 94's....HK releases a 3 lug, threaded barrel, brace/sbr ready SP5 for under that and guys are fretting a 10% swing...basically a case of ammo. My guess is that there will be more people wishing they had paid retail than bemoaning they paid retail.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.