HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try this here instead.

Can anyone tell me how to replace the buffer pad on an SP 89. The old one disintegrated like it was made of wax. I'm not sure if the Hopps Cleaner caused that but the bottom line is I have a new buffer but can't figure out how to take the assembly apart to put the new buffer in. I'm not sure if it's a press fit, or screwed on, or what. Any help is appreciated. John

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Bumping a vintage thread here. Same issue as the above gentleman. Old swivel SP89 endcap buffer has turned into butter. Thought it would be a simple pull of the axle to the stock swivel but it's not budging. I'm a hair away from going for my hammer, any tips? Armorers manual was no help here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The solution I came up with was; I bought the buffer at a local H&K dealer and couldn't figure out how to get it on. I took it to a local gunsmith who works on H&K and he worked with it a while and he said without making a bunch of special tooling to press it apart the best solution was to cut one side open and finesse the buffer into position; which is what we did. He said it would be fine and so far it has been. I've fired maybe 200 shots through it and, the buffer seems fine and the gun cycles fine. Leave it to the Germans to make something that requires special tooling to repair. Best of luck with yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts