HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would you be willing to assemble and finish a vector v5k-40/v89-40 kit that was sent to you? The receiver is already bent and welded, but not painted.

If you are willing to do the assembly and finish, what would that run $ ?

Thanks
-Ben

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Hi Ben

Due to the history of problematic SW/Vector .40 parts kits, I unfortunately have decided not to build firearms with these kits. While these kits can indeed be made into reliable firearms, they require some additional attention and often times replacement parts. I do appreciate you asking :)

In the event you decide to sell your kit and buy a ready full-sized gun, I have (20) D54P/40 builds in the queue for HKParts.net. ETA is uncertain, probably sometime in the next 90 days or so.

Thank you,
Joe

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
Do you have an estimate of what those are going to run, I'd definately be interested

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not yet. I'm starting with SW flats and to overcome the issue with the absence of the top rib, I am contemplating welding a rail to the top, similiar to PTR. Just need to get a couple of them done to gauge how much work will be involved with these SW flats.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
why is it you not have a handy die to press the tob rib before bending?
I have one, but it needs some refining. I do not have the time to spare to make yet another fixture, so rather than do a 1/2-assed job at stamping the top rib, I feel a better solution will be to weld the pic rail. I think ultimately, most people will prefer to have it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which ptr has the rail welded to it? The no rib thing bugs me but never crossed my mind until now that its will most likely just get covered up anyway.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Which ptr has the rail welded to it? The no rib thing bugs me but never crossed my mind until now that its will most likely just get covered up anyway.
Some of their carbines do. Ones with an R in the model number I believe.

·
Banned
599 Posts
it looks off with no rail on top and if you somewhat like me its gonna irritate the hell out of you since time wasnt a issue at the many moons ago i made a die with nothing more then a dremel and some handfiles and a radio in the background.. but ribs came out not wide enough but its a idea ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts