HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally a proud and happy owner of an MKE AT94PK here in Kalifornia.
I need to put a hand guard on this pistol and have a question that you guys might be able to help me with.
I found a metal one online Samson STAR HK MP5K Handguard Rail: MSP Scope Mounts and was not sure if putting a hand guard with rails is legal. No, I'm not putting a K grip, but it worries me that this can easily accept a K grip.
Also, I have a rifle with a vertical grip. Can this be considered constructive possession since I have both items in house?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Constructive possession exists for NFA items. I wouldn't own a VFG that is compatible with your pistol until your AOW tax stamp comes in. Pick up an SP89 hand guard for now and wait.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
There is nothin illegal about having a railed forend. And no, having a foregrip On your rifle and a railed forend for a pistol at the same time won't be considered constructive intent. You're just fine getting the rail. As far as the rail itself, meh, not so sure. I have a feeling it would damage the finish pretty bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fordemti, thanks for the response. I'm not really getting that rail, I just wanted to show what I'm taking about. I'm not planning on getting any tax stamps either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is nothin illegal about having a railed forend. And no, having a foregrip On your rifle and a railed forend for a pistol at the same time won't be considered constructive intent. You're just fine getting the rail. As far as the rail itself, meh, not so sure. I have a feeling it would damage the finish pretty bad.
Good point. I was handicapped by phone posting earlier, thanks for picking it up.

As long as everything you own has a reasonable non-NFA purpose, you're good. For example, owning a pistol with a railed frame and a rifle with a VFG wouldn't be likely to hold water in a constructive possession case. Having a pistol with a railed frame and a matching VFG but no other weapon to use it on... well, that would be more difficult to explain. It's why many people who have things like "K" grips or briefcases will sell them to a friend until their stamp clears.

Apologies for the poorly described first post of mine!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
No problem. Just want to give people correct info. Enjoy your k. Oh, and getting it sbr'd would actually be a great idea. Have you ever shot one with a buttstock before?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I was in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago and went to the gun range to try out machine guns. I tried the MP5 full auto rifle and the M240 SAW - both awesome.
I'm not sure about SBR, it may not even be possible here in Kali.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Oh. You live in a kommunist state. Damn. Sorry to hear that. No sbr for you then.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
he could always move....... :D
Nope... sounds like it's too late for him. He actually got to a free state, got to taste the "forbidden fruit" and STILL returned to Kali. He's a goner...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Congrats dude. SBR no go since the firearm is not a C&R and you still got AW laws.
However, you can AOW it and put on a forward pistol grip. Hell you can even AOW the briefcase and then you could have an mp5k clone with briefcase!!
Do all the above just to piss off the gun grabbing hippies in California!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats dude. SBR no go since the firearm is not a C&R and you still got AW laws.
However, you can AOW it and put on a forward pistol grip. Hell you can even AOW the briefcase and then you could have an mp5k clone with briefcase!!
^THAT^
Is a damn good idea!!! Skrew the PRK!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told this is an option and I really would like a VFG. However, the process can take up to 6 months (Trust creation and wait) and the pistol will have to be in jail that whole time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts