HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
First, welcome to HKPro. We'd enjoy getting to know ya...

As for your question, I didn't know special weapons ever built a 52k (7.62x39). Is it built on a 93 receiver or a 91 receiver? Does it accept drum mags? Any pics? I suggest it's in the 1150-1300 range depending on the parts used build it.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
The only "K"s Todd ever built for the public were 9mm. The only 52s he ever built for the public were on 93 based receivers over my strenuous objections, but hey... who listens to me anyhow? So... as far as we can determine, the guy that sold you the 52K sold you a good story as well.

Even a non-running slug of a clone is worth at least $500... ask Century. I'd wager you could possibly con somebody out of $1500 for it regardless of origin. Hey... it's a "K"!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I do believe shattered mind is correct. 52's were built on the 93 receiver. I certainly don't remember any 52K's???..........but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think they originally sold in the 11-1200 range.
Dj

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shattered- out of curiosity, why'd you object to the 93 receiver being used opposed to the 91?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I have the exact same gun. When I called because I had two shells explode near the base and blow the mag out the bottom, Wendy, at Special Weapons, told me that the receivers say Special Weapons but the guns were built by Special Weapons. I don't really have words for that. In the 10-15 rounds I put through my rifle I didn't have one successful cycle. The cocking tube is soft. Just hand cycling will cause a burr to develop in the notch that holds the bolt assembly back. I paid around $1,000 for mine 2 1/2 years ago. I wish I had done more research. For that same $1,000 you can buy a PTR PDW that will actually run.

If you want to sell it, do you have a receipt from Special Weapons? If so, I'd send it back to them. More than likely, they will just give you your money back and you'd be ahead of the game. If you don't have a receipt from Special Weapons, you'll get the same runaround I did. So put it up for sale on Gun Broker for $600-$700. You might catch someone like me that didn't do their homework. Jeff (ghilliebear2000) and I have talked about what it would take to make my gun run. The trunnion in a 33 has a ramp to help feed the rounds into the chamber. He thought that might help. The SW guns used a G3 trunnion. So new trunnion, PTR 7.62X39 PDW barrel and cocking tube will get my investment probably around twice what I'd pay for a new PTR PDW. YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Shattered- out of curiosity, why'd you object to the 93 receiver being used opposed to the 91?
The original gun that Fleming produced made with a 91 receiver used the 91s longer mag well to rock the AK mags in easier. Also the heavier 91 carrier would allow the rifle to absorb the x39s energy much better... to the point the 91 carrier would need to be lightened to get whatever cycle rate you were after and still be heavy enough the keep the 30 cal bullet's recoil acceptable. Fleming made a small lot of x39 guns and they had none of the problems (tight mag wells, feeding problems, explosive recoil) that the SW guns displayed.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
DJ-that is a specialty caliber only available in Scotts home State of Nevada. Super rare! :)
It's a "hot rod" round... the barrels were bored .10 over... super fast in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would suggest that you not shoot it, serious probability of kaboom.

I have one that I plan to rework with a 33 trunion and a bbl that I will turn out in my shop (considering 5.45x39). I was excited about this concept, but very dissapointed with the product.

SW provides not support for the 52, but might offer a trade for a different clone(so I've been told).

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would suggest that you not shoot it, serious probability of kaboom.
What is you basis of fact for that?

I have multitude of SW guns and I've not read any posts in 10 years about one ruptured barrel or chamber, or a trunnion coming out of the receiver from poor welding. "Headspace" on mine are all fine. I don't like Toad's customer service, or the extractors or springs he used, but I've NEVER heard of one going KaBOOM...now fit, finish and running out of the box is a different matter...

Hey, guys, forget the post question, now I remember why I've not been here in while...I'll go somewhere else.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have seen two of the guns kaboom on the first shot. The one I am working with now was a first-shot kaboom that went back to SW, and kaboomed again.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have seen two of the guns kaboom on the first shot. The one I am working with now was a first-shot kaboom that went back to SW, and kaboomed again.
Hey buddy, the S.W. 32/52 barrels are junk. Todd reamed out the back of the chamber way too much to get the guns to feed properly and in doing so it took the casing support out of the back of the chamber. That's why U.S.made ammo can come out looking like this.

Non U.S. made AK ammo has a heavier casing and that's why they don't rupture when fired in Todd's 32/52 guns. If you don't believe me. Pull that barrel, drop a round in the chamber and see for yourself.
I don't care what anyone else tries to tell you, this is the real story. All others are gosip.

I got rid of the SW52

and picked up a ZK-SD.

·
Banned
599 Posts
Dont endanger someone with selling a trainwreck.. you wont sleep at night and it will haunt you..are those not the mke receivers with little holes on ?? ..i will say a prayer for you before i go to bed.

·
Banned
599 Posts
i only lost bout once my eye when i was trying to get a jammed bullet that wasnt chamberd all the way out of a uzi and i was about to pry it out the striker hit the primer shellcasing scrap did hurt me..I would not even remotely mess with the firearm hart1 you are a brave man!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shattered- Thanks for sharing the info, I hadn't considered the 'rocking' of the mag into place for magwell sizing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts