HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I just purchase a SL8/G36 clone has a lot of the conversion work already done. The only work I plan to do is a G36 receiver stock conversion by Tbostic or Chopstix Kid, and replace the barrel with a 12.5" G36K barrel (it already has the magwell conversion done and currently has a TN stock kit attached to it). I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers from using the search function.

1.) What length does the extend flash hider for the G36K barrel need to be to reach 16.5"? I'm thinking about buy this one from HK parts:
Extended 4 Prong Flash Hider, Extended flash hider - HKPARTS.NET Will reach this length if permanently attached? If it doesn't do anyone know of another US made extended flash hider that will? FYI, I don't want to go SBR, my job has me moving aroundthe country every 3-4 years and don't want to deal with the hassle of moving NFA items around.

2.) Are the Operating Rods and Gas systems (distance between chamber and gas port) the same length for the G36 & G36K? I've heard the G36C's is shorter and the SL8's is longer, but I haven't heard anything about the standard G36 & G36K (assume they are the same). I'd like to know for sure before I purchase a op rod for a 922r compliance part.

3.) Lastly, do they all use the same gas piston? Again, just want comfirmation before I buy one for compliance.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I did the spec for those FH's and yes, they will get a G36K Barrel to 16.5"

The G36k oprod and piston are different. I typically will convert the SL8 ones to k-spec unless the owner wants original K parts.

So for 922r, you'll want to purchase the US ones and have them converted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts