HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can probably tell by my recent posts I'm hot on the trail of an HK 91. I saw a "clone" recently on another site for an HK 91 that is stamped "SAR-8 Sporter EBO Greece" made in Greece on one side and "SAR-8 7.62 Springfield Armory USA Genoso IL" on the other side of the receiver. Not sure what I'm looking at but it looks pretty nice. Is this the real thing? I know the HK 91 was licensed for limited production in Greece at some point. Just trying to figure out if this is a high quality clone or something to be avoided. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Same quality as HK. If you can find an "overstamp" SAR 8 it might have a threaded barrel as well. They also made SAR 3's- which were pre-ban. Beware the ones with crushed on flash hiders SAR 8 only marked and of course the retarded giant aluminum receiver kit guns.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. Based on the markings on both sides of the receiver of the rifle in question would it be one that you warn to beware of?

Here is a description for the rifle
"Outstanding customized SAR-8. It started out as a SAR-8 sporter, with the ridiculous thumbhole stock and shorter barrel to prevent anyone mounting a bayonet! I am the second owner and received it in new, un-fired condition. Still have the original box it came in, serial number matching. Gunsmithing was done by Arizona Response Systems in Surprise, AZ. The entire rifle is finished in METACOL III gray. Barrel was further shortened and flash hider permanently attached to meet ATF 16" standard. Paddle-magazine release was added along with a new ejection port buffer. Trigger housing was clipped and pinned to simulate the G3 three position housing. Furniture is the rare NAMIBIAN, new old stock condition, never mounted to a rifle. Stock uses a standard buffer properly anchored by THREE bolts, not two. Rifle has EXACTLY 60 rounds through it. It functions flawlessly, zeroed and tested to 100 yards. Also includes a spare, color matching pistol grip.

Same quality as HK. If you can find an "overstamp" SAR 8 it might have a threaded barrel as well. They also made SAR 3's- which were pre-ban. Beware the ones with crushed on flash hiders SAR 8 only marked and of course the retarded giant aluminum receiver kit guns.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
thanks for the reply. Based on the markings on both sides of the receiver of the rifle in question would it be one that you warn to beware of?

"Outstanding customized SAR-8. It started out as a SAR-8 sporter, with the ridiculous thumbhole stock and shorter barrel to prevent anyone mounting a bayonet! I am the second owner and received it in new, un-fired condition. Still have the original box it came in, serial number matching. Gunsmithing was done by Arizona Response Systems in Surprise, AZ. The entire rifle is finished in METACOL III gray. Barrel was further shortened and flash hider permanently attached to meet ATF 16" standard. Paddle-magazine release was added along with a new ejection port buffer. Trigger housing was clipped and pinned to simulate the G3 three position housing. Furniture is the rare NAMIBIAN, new old stock condition, never mounted to a rifle. Stock uses a standard buffer properly anchored by THREE bolts, not two. Rifle has EXACTLY 60 rounds through it. It functions flawlessly, zeroed and tested to 100 yards. Also includes a spare, color matching pistol grip.
No. EBO rifles are quality. The aluminum receiver junk is from DCI.
As said above, there are different levels of the EBO rifles. There's a G3, SAR3, SAR3/8 over stamp, and SAR8, all with EBO markings. All of the EBO marked rifles are of great and equal quality, the main differences are the ban or preban status and therefore the features the rifles exhibit.
If Mark ARS worked the gun over it's quality and you'll love it.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I had a SAR-8 excellent rifle. One of the guys at TPM bought it from me. The rifle you are talking about. I believe belongs to a member here.

·
Registered
989 Posts

That one is on gunbroker with a Hensoldt scope as well for $2850 correct? It's a nice rifle altogether as a package deal. Probably pretty cheap considering the upgrades.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got a SAR 3/8 overstamp and it's every bit the equal of my HK91.The only difference I can see is the finish----typical black enamel paint on the HK91 and a parkerized finish on the SAR 3/8.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I've got a SAR 3/8 overstamp and it's every bit the equal of my HK91.The only difference I can see is the finish----typical black enamel paint on the HK91 and a parkerized finish on the SAR 3/8.
Have never seen a factory park finish on an SAR3/8 of any flavor. I'd like to see pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That one is on gunbroker with a Hensoldt scope as well for $2850 correct? It's a nice rifle altogether as a package deal. Probably pretty cheap considering the upgrades.
He shows it with the scope, but it's not included, so the deal isn't very good IMHO

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after speaking with the seller of that SAR 8 yesterday it appears as if the furniture that appears in the GB auction has been sold and the rifle now is nekkid. No hand guard, stock or pistol grip.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
after speaking with the seller of that SAR 8 yesterday it appears as if the furniture that appears in the GB auction has been sold and the rifle now is nekkid. No hand guard, stock or pistol grip.
And he reduced the price a whole $100? Wow what a nice guy.

I have a set of wood furniture available if anyone buys the naked rifle.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Based on the description I posted earlier, what do you think would be a reasonable price for this rifle? Is it 2K worth of gun? Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Machine gun

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Perhaps you misunderstood what that seller told you as I just had an exchange with him and he claims the rifle is sold exactly as it shows in the picture. That he sold off another handguard he had.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Based on the description I posted earlier, what do you think would be a reasonable price for this rifle? Is it 2K worth of gun? View attachment 57985
NO. Without the scope and Namibian furniture, maybe 1500 with the ARS work.
I recently bought one with the same ARS work and an A3 stock for less than 1500

EDIT; still pushing it at 2000 with the furniture IMHO

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess I misunderstood then. . Clearly I'm new to the SAR 8 discussions, so does it look like a fair deal on this gun as it is described in the ad minus the scope?

Perhaps you misunderstood what that seller told you as I just had an exchange with him and he claims the rifle is sold exactly as it shows in the picture. That he sold off another handguard he had.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have never seen a factory park finish on an SAR3/8 of any flavor. I'd like to see pics.
Here you go.....

In all the pics it shows the marks you normally get with any parkerized finish,not really scratches but more like rub marks that you would see on parkerized mags like M14,AR10 or steel HK91 mags.The close up pictures make it look much much worse than it really is.

Here's a couple with a parkerized HK91 factory steel mag for perspective.Of course the mag is more of a grey but it still has the same parkerized finish as the rifle.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts