HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe you can. The SR9 has polygonal rifling, the 91 will almost surely have a land/groove.
Thanks for the reply!
I would think that the ID would be about the same because it's the same caliber. Some 91's were made with Poly barrels.

Do you think the length would be a problem?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a kit that fits in my polygonal sr9 and works great, it was a c grade kit from hkparts.net where the insert had some finnish wear but i wouldn't describe it as having much 'material' removed. As far as the 18" insert in a 20" barrel, I think the 22's pass through without hurting it. I really don't know but from what I can see there has been no harm done to the muzzle or end of the bore.

One thing I found was that my psg1 trigger wouldn't work. It seemed that the hammer in the psg trigger didn't sit as low as a standard semi hammer and had no space to gain momentum before striking the back of the kit's firing pin.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a kit that fits in my polygonal sr9 and works great, it was a c grade kit from hkparts.net where the insert had some finnish wear but i wouldn't describe it as having much 'material' removed. As far as the 18" insert in a 20" barrel, I think the 22's pass through without hurting it. I really don't know but from what I can see there has been no harm done to the muzzle or end of the bore.

One thing I found was that my psg1 trigger wouldn't work. It seemed that the hammer in the psg trigger didn't sit as low as a standard semi hammer and had no space to gain momentum before striking the back of the kit's firing pin.
That's great news! I'm buying a kit that is said to be NEW. And looks new. It is specifically made if the HK91 it has the extended rear section. (Not the G3 kit)
I just wanted to make sure I can use it.
Thank you guys!

·
Registered
255 Posts
$600 for the 91 kit sounds fine to me. With mine, I'm able to slide the insert all the way in place with just my hands, to remove it is a little harder. I can usually pull it out by running a .22 bore snake backwards or the 308 boresnake if it's really feeling stuck. Make sure to clean the exposed part of the sr9 barrel too after shooting.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's great news! I'm buying a kit that is said to be NEW. And looks new. It is specifically made if the HK91 it has the extended rear section. (Not the G3 kit)
I just wanted to make sure I can use it.
Thank you guys!
Toku if you want to know for sure PM me. I have a G3 kit that you can try and fit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$600 for the 91 kit sounds fine to me. With mine, I'm able to slide the insert all the way in place with just my hands, to remove it is a little harder. I can usually pull it out by running a .22 bore snake backwards or the 308 boresnake if it's really feeling stuck. Make sure to clean the exposed part of the sr9 barrel too after shooting.
Good to know! Just to be sure you do have an SR9?

Toku if you want to know for sure PM me. I have a G3 kit that you can try and fit.
Did you try the insert in your SR9TC? How was the fit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.