HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching the various threads on here about regulation .922r and it is making my head spin. I would like to list what I have and would appreciate if someone can tell me if this is compliant or not as is. Last thing I want to do is advertise this and not be compliant.

Currently I have it in the following configuration:

Original SR9 with 91 stock, Williams Set trigger, PSG1 pistol grip, UTG Tri rail, foregrip with UTG Bipod and . UTG low profile scope rail.

In addition, extra parts I have:

The original SR9 trigger group, Original thumbhole stock and foregrip.
The HK91 foregrip with Bipod.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
OK, here's the answer. Just to be clear, what I'm listing below is purely technical. You will see lots of examples on the net of people who don't comply with this.

First off, it's against the law to "make" a rifle non 922r compliant, it's not necessarily that the rifle itself becomes noncompliant. Secondly, this presums you haven't outfitted the gun with the sufficient number/type of American made parts.

What's not allowed in your example:

1. adding a pistl grip stock, even a PSG1 pistol grip to an SR9. People will say that the SR9 T and TC had a PSG1 pistol grip, so adding one to an SR9 is OK. It isn't.
2. the bipod is not a 922r violation (I don't think), but it is an import violation. That's why HK used a different forearm on the SR9, and Springfield Armory removed the bipod attachment on their thumbhole 91 lookalike. They didn't do that because they felt like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Might be safer for me to advertise it in the original configuration and sell/trade with the additional parts then.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
I think your chances of getting in trouble are about .0001%. But, everyone's situation is different. I have a friend who works for that three letter major agency that does things outside the country. He is super careful to not to bring unwanted attention to himself about violations of the law and such things. What may be a slap on the wrist for most everyone else, would be a life changing experience for him. Not worth the risk, even if it's just .0001%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts