HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my sr9 hunting this year. Just wanted to try to kill a deer with one of my HKs. So I started out by getting it import legal. New sear, new cocking handle, new floor plates/ followers, new grip new stock etc... I then put a B&T scope rail on it and a Springfield Armory scope on it. Using Federal 168 gold medal. It was shooting one inch groups before deer season started. Opening evening a Nice 10 point buck steps out of the woods and was walking away quartering from me. The first shot was well placed behind the left front shoulder. I was sure I had hit him, but he stood there and then started to take another step, so in under 2 seconds I put round number two into his neck. He instantly dropped. After checking him over the first shot had exited his right side with a hole the size of a baseball. He was dead and he just didnt know it! Long story short. I have found my new hunting rifle. All my friends use bolt actions, but for me .... SR9 beats a bolt action any day......

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great job!

For a second there I thought you were going to tell us yet another horror story of how Match bullets aren't the best bullets for hunting and usually tend to zip right through game leaving only a bullet-sized hole in their wake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts