HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ok, so what's wrong with it? Educate me.
Are you saying this isn't a preban? I feel I'm a bit confused. Seems like a good deal otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
So maybe I figured it out. Date code KA=1990? Made and imported after the ban so would need US parts in it's current configuration?

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So maybe I figured it out. Date code KA=1990? Made and imported after the ban so would need US parts in it's current configuration?
You got it. Unless American parts count, it can't have the retractable stock, and for a different reason it can't have a bipod either. Even that MSG90 stock may technically* be an issue, thumbhole only.

*HK told me that the SR9T and SR9TCs received approval for the target non-thumbhole stock, by gun. In other words, if it didn't leave HK with the target stock (MSG90 or PSG1), the target stock isn't suppose to go on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have to say I saw this the other day and thought the exact same thing. I have seen an increasing number of SR9's in recent days with HK parts hanging on them that are clearly in violation of 922r. Maybe it's never really inforced but I don't think I would chance it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I saw on another board that ATF says 922r compliant to enter the country, after that it yours to do with as you please as far as parts count.

Contact ATF to verify.

I saw it on Sturm, general firearms forum.

I have to say I saw this the other day and thought the exact same thing. I have seen an increasing number of SR9's in recent days with HK parts hanging on them that are clearly in violation of 922r. Maybe it's never really inforced but I don't think I would chance it.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw on another board that ATF says 922r compliant to enter the country, after that it yours to do with as you please as far as parts count.

Contact ATF to verify.

That "loophole" was closed in November 1990. SR9s didn't come into the country until early 1991. See this thread for the same discussion:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70305

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
There's some pretty shady goings on over at Sturm recently. Saw an ad for an HK yesterday.

Seller said it was pretty minty, price was low, sub $2,000 (I forget how much). Rifle dated ID and he still had the original shipping box from 1980..........

Yeah right, had to post up a question about the date conflict and low and behold checking now the listing has disappeared. Be careful out there folks..............caveat emptor...........buyer beware.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Really, almost 9K for that? I could get a PSG-1 for just a grand more. People are quite rediculous out there sometimes.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Contact ATF to verify.

For what it is worth that is what an ATF agent told me. That being said he was not a judge he was just an agent and I can't say if what he said was correct.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
For what it is worth that is what an ATF agent told me. That being said he was not a judge he was just an agent and I can't say if what he said was correct.
I'd get that in writing on official letterhead and make sure the person in question has the authority to write such a letter.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
922(r) doesn't regulate what gets imported. It regulates parts count when you want to convert an "approved" imported "sporting rifle" into something that's unapproved for import which is exactl what this thread is about... converting an SR9 "sporting" rifle into an HK91 "assault" rifle and putting it up for sale w/o any indication if 922(r) parts count has been met.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
922(r) doesn't regulate what gets imported. It regulates parts count when you want to convert an "approved" imported "sporting rifle" into something that's unapproved for import which is exactl what this thread is about... converting an SR9 "sporting" rifle into an HK91 "assault" rifle and putting it up for sale w/o any indication if 922(r) parts count has been met.
And in addition (I think), it would also apply to a US made clone receiver where someone added too many imported parts, not having enough US made parts to comply with 922(r). While the receiver is US made and thus the "gun" was never imported, I believe 922(r) would apply to the total parts count. If I'm wrong about that, I'll just edit these comments out so I don't look too stupid. :20000000:

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
And in addition (I think), it would also apply to a US made clone receiver where someone added too many imported parts, not having enough US made parts to comply with 922(r). While the receiver is US made and thus the "gun" was never imported, I believe 922(r) would apply to the total parts count. If I'm wrong about that, I'll just edit these comments out so I don't look too stupid. :20000000:
You are absolutely correct!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts