HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an SR9 with woodgrain thumbhole stock and forearm. From my reading, I believe it's based on the HK91, but I'm needing confirmation on this. I'd also like to know if I can legally replace the stock with a seperate pistol grip and stock such as Magpul, or HK parts, as they are in poor condition, and I'd like to upgrade. Basically, if parts fit the 91, will they fit the SR9 and are they legal? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought 922r only applied to someone MAKING the weapon? Correct me if I'm wrong... And don't take what I said for truth, as I'm not sure...

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I thought 922r only applied to someone MAKING the weapon? Correct me if I'm wrong... And don't take what I said for truth, as I'm not sure...
Essentially, if you start swapping out parts and begin "assemble" a firearm identical to one on the banned list in 925d-3 (HK 91 in this case), it's on YOU. The reason the SR9 is able to fly as a "sporting" rifle is that the standard with the B&C thumbhole isn't a pistol grip. The "T" and "TC" have adjustable stocks and target trigger/grip to for "sporting" purposes.

Don't take my word for it; read it for yourself.

ATF.gov > Laws > Gun Control Act (18 U.S.C Chapter 44). 922(r) is somewhere around the end of page 12 and beginning of page 13 or you can type: "(r)" into the search and it will take you right to that section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts