HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase USP compact .45 with stainless steel top. I have searched for dealers that carry these uppers to replace it, but maybe I am not looking for the right search word.

Help?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stainless 45

There is a USPc 45 with a stainless slide on gunbroker as we speak. I believe it has 4 days left.

Check it out.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You just have to keep looking on the used gun market. They have not been imported for a couple or three years now so NIB units from dealers are as scarce as hen's teeth. You will most certainly have to go to individual sellers wishing to part with a SS Compact. There are still plenty of NIB SS .45s out there (I have two), but finding one that the owner is willing to part with is the trick. Even before you ask, the answer is no.

The uppers are only sold by HK and unless I am mistaken, only on a direct replacement basis (such as if you had a damaged slide). They have quoted prices for people but I have not heard of them actually selling a SS slide that was not on an exchange basis for a damaged one. And the slide is going to cost you damned near as much as a new pistol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for giving me some background information on where they come from. I thought it was just painted or made by a third party. I guess I will keep an eye out for these and check out the one on gunbroker.

Thank you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found a gun for sale....but is this worth $650? It is dated 98....
Any problems with buying older USPs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is this same scarcity true of the other calibers for compacts?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a stainless USPc .40 i got in trade.i like it because it's different but really i like all black guns except in the 1911 platform.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what did you trade it with? I am trying to approximate the value of SS version.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Back around Christmas 2002 I got a NIB 45c SS with night sites for $850. I've seen them go for cheaper over the years, but $650 for a good condition used model is a good price. I picked up a used full size 45 SS last year for $650. Nothing wrong with used HKs, even if they've had a couple thousand rounds put through them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Creeping Death, your information reassures me on this purchase.

Is there a way to rejuvenate these night sights that do not function as they are old?

·
Registered
127 Posts
what did you trade it with? I am trying to approximate the value of SS version.

I got a killer deal. I got it for a 1st generation glock 17. granted it had NS and CT laser grips and 5 high caps. but still. 650 is about right, give or take. they are hard to find and i guess it's value can be determined by the person who wants it. but 650 is a good start. if you have to offer more, then that's what ya gotta do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts