HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know where to buy a stainless USP Compact 45 with threaded barrel? It absolutely has to have a threaded barrel. I'm in Canada and the regular barrel is too short, making it prohibited. I've been interested in a stainless USP Compact for years now but they aren't available in Canada. Would be awesome to get my hands on one! Cheers

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
I don't believe that exists as a factory option -- at least I've never seen it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's not a factory option. HK used to make a blued USPc 45 with a threaded barrel called the USP CT, but it has been out of producton for several years and used models command scalper's prices. I'm not sure if your laws allow you to buy a USPc and add a barrel (if so CDNN is selling them for $699 right now), but if not I believe you are stuck looking for a used USP CT or getting a 45c with a factory threaded barrel (a fine pistol in and of itself). Good luck!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would imagine the availability for a stainless compact with threaded barrel would be very limited. I'm not sure HK made this pistol. Obviously a non SS model would be easier to find which is what I have. I bet Canadian law won't allow you to add a threaded barrel to standard model either?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Not made. I have the same issue as I just got a USPc SS and could not find a barrel for less than $280. You can buy a SS 45c from CDNN if they ship to Canada don't know, and then buy the barrel separately, just make sure you get the right one as the USPc and the HK45c use different barrels. You will now have 1k in the pistol so its all about how much you want to spend obviously. Since I already have an HK45c with a TB I'm going to wait for a better deal on a USPc TB as its not a necessity. Good luck on your search!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the replies guys. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy one with a regular barrel and then buy a threaded barrel and swap them before importing into Canada.

I would imagine the availability for a stainless compact with threaded barrel would be very limited. I'm not sure HK made this pistol. Obviously a non SS model would be easier to find which is what I have. I bet Canadian law won't allow you to add a threaded barrel to standard model either?
There's no problem adding a threaded barrel to a standard model. That's actually what we often have to do. If a barrel is under 106mm, it's prohibited. Add a threaded barrel, and it's all good. Ridiculous laws.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Appreciate the replies guys. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy one with a regular barrel and then buy a threaded barrel and swap them before importing into Canada.

There's no problem adding a threaded barrel to a standard model. That's actually what we often have to do. If a barrel is under 106mm, it's prohibited. Add a threaded barrel, and it's all good. Ridiculous laws.

Well atleast they will allow you to add or change the barrel to meet the legal barrel length. That's an easy upgrade then. It just won't have the CT on the slide. Heck I was considering getting the SS model myself. Then I could swap barrels between the SS model and my CT depending on which pistol I wanted to carry that day. Carrying AIWB you can feel that extra barrel length hitting me in the "wrong area" if you know what I mean. They are great pistols, I say go for it while the SS model can be had for $700

1 - 8 of 8 Posts