HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Stainless USP compact 9mm from a local gun store. I found it to be in satisfactory condition when looking it over in the store. After the purchase, I fired it and went home to clean it and inspect it further. Once I started the field strip, I noticed that the slide markings were double etched. Also there is an etch line connecting the compact and 9mm markings, that is the same width as the smaller etching. The same goes for the HK and USP markings although they are not as deep and it doesn't show up through the camera, so I didn't post them. These defects can only be viewed when the light hits it a certain way. And is not immediately noticeable when looking at the slide.

Now, the gun fires great and is really accurate, therefore I love it, I’m not dissatisfied with my purchase due to an aesthetic manufacturing defect. My questions: Has anyone else noticed this with their stainless models or do I have an HK anomaly? Also does this decrease or increase value in your opinion? Any other thoughts? Date code is AE. Thanks in advance.

In order to view these horizontally, you may have to hit the rotate button, once directed to the image shack pictures.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Weird. Never seen this before.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Same to a degree on my AK stainless 9mm...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good eye! Now I need to go back and check mine. I had something similar on a USP45; only more pronounced. Its a shame.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It appears there are multiple handguns out there with similar manufacturing imperfections...thank you AWD, Turbo Com, & deeHKman for the feedback. These imperfections make our pistols one of a kind, and I don't think it will increase value, not that it matters because it is a tool, not a collectible. Therefore I have no problem with that. I like my HK imPerfection. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It's not like a baseball card or a rare coin, it doesn't make the value go up. Just send it in and get it fixed.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Seen few others with double struck roll marks on the forum here, very interesting! Saw 2 NIB consecutive serial numbered pre 70 Series Colt Govt. model, roll marked Combat Commander, those 2 went for many hundreds of dollars more. Enjoy your USP, not many out there like yours! =)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seen few others with double struck roll marks on the forum here, very interesting! Saw 2 NIB consecutive serial numbered pre 70 Series Colt Govt. model, roll marked Combat Commander, those 2 went for many hundreds of dollars more. Enjoy your USP, not many out there like yours! =)
Thanks for the info Kost, I am happy with the USP just the way it is, it makes the pistol unique.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Our's being unique shoot better because of this...;) Does not bother me at all it still say's HK on the gun that's what matter's....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That sounds like the same logic that says FDE SCAR's shoot better than black ones. lol

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
looks like maybe they laser etch and then cut the letters?? maybe it wasn't lined up properly
as Hans had too many Heinekins the night before ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts