HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems, with the discontinuance of the stainless USPs, they would be more desirable items. Many posters seem to be seeking them out. Yet the Blue Book shows a lower value for the stainless version. Is there something about the stainless pistols that makes them less desirable?

·
Registered
221 Posts
not that i know of. i have one and its great. i'm looking for more....

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You will notice the blue book of used gun values does not take into account a lot of factors usually. Look at what they list a HK Match as being worth and then look at real world sale prices. Apples and oranges.
If you want to know what a gun is worth IMHO the BB is of no use what so ever. Look on the net and see what they are actually selling for, not what someone thinks they should.

·
Registered
851 Posts
In my opinion, within all hobbies, prices guides are just that, a guide, nothing more. They give some relative info and their opinion of what something is worth. You either take it with a grain of salt or take it at face value. Any object is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

With all that in mind, I think because of the discontinued distribution of the stainless USP's here in the US, the stainless models hold their value better and are more desirable due to scarcity. Plus they look snazzy, LOL :D

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
The market sets the value not books. The w(orld)w(ide)w(eb) is the largest 'For Sale' ad, like Big Bore said check prices and see what they go for - stainless USP's are going up almost monthly in the USA because they are no longer imported, they are still shipping to Europe/Germany.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I run comps off Gun Broker and the want ads at HK PRO, occasionally Guns America to find a ball park price. These all usually come in below MSRP, unless the seller is hardline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts