HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been looking for info on this optic for a while now... anyone know anything about it or have pictures of one mounted to a rifle? It almost looks like the infamous G36 optic, but obviously without the attached carry handle. I'm interested in finding out more.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Has anyone used these? I bought a couple of the replacement NOS scope tubes from Numrich a few years ago and they have a very small tube diameter, the tube is plastic, and the eye relief is pretty horrid.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I wonder how well it would go on a G3 clone with a welded top rail.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ordered one, thanks for posting. A UTG quick detach riser mount was only another 17.95, better to have and not need than to need and not have.....

I'm sure it will find a home on my '93 or some other 5.56mm platform. No illuminated reticle function but for the price....
Care to give us a little more info when it arrives? Packaging, accessories (like a cover of some sort?), instructions, initial impression, etc? And pics! Apex is pretty light on info and I literally can't even find any other pictures online for this optic. More info would go a long way in helping me decide if I should buy one.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Care to give us a little more info when it arrives? Packaging, accessories (like a cover of some sort?), instructions, initial impression, etc? And pics! Apex is pretty light on info and I literally can't even find any other pictures online for this optic. More info would go a long way in helping me decide if I should buy one.
Yeah sure, NP. I decided to buy based on:
1) Hendsolt
2) reticle pattern/function
3) price

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Mine arrived today. Here is my verdict. I'll reprint my email to APEX verbatum.

"Please generate a return number and a shipping label for the carrier of your choice.

To put it bluntly, this thing is a POS. That the housing is plastic is not necessarily the problem, the fact that the rail interface portion of the housing is, is. And a crappy design on top of it, it's one molded piece with no way to open up the mounting dovetail section to mount the unit directly down on top of the rail, then tighten it up. Even trying to slide it on from one end is problematic, there is an "interference fit" such that there is more plastic for the male projection than the female slot on the rail allows. This is the case with two different weapons. I'm not going to trim it down so it fits. It should fit already.

Disappointed. You guys used to be better than this.....''

Bottom line, if you need inexpensive, try Vortex. Otherwise, buy the good stuff. Aimpoint, Trijicon. For a little bit more.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine arrived today. Here is my verdict. I'll reprint my email to APEX verbatum.

"Please generate a return number and a shipping label for the carrier of your choice.

To put it bluntly, this thing is a POS. That the housing is plastic is not necessarily the problem, the fact that the rail interface portion of the housing is, is. And a crappy design on top of it, it's one molded piece with no way to open up the mounting dovstail section to mount the unit directly down on top of the rail, then tighten it up. Even trying to slide it on from one end is problematic, there is an "interference fit" such that there is more plastic for the male projection than the female slot on the rail allows. This is the case with two different weapons. I'm not going to trim it down so it fits. It should fit already.

Disappointed. You guys used to be better than this.....''

Bottom line, if you need inexpensive, try Vortex. Otherwise, buy the good stuff. Aimpoint, Trijicon. For a little bit more.....
Well, That's really disappointing to hear. Mine will be delivered tomorrow, sounds like mine will be going back as well...they better not try and charge a re-stocking fee.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well, there must be something HK sees in them. Right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah sure, NP. I decided to buy based on:
1) Hendsolt
2) reticle pattern/function
3) price
I bought mine for the same reason. Mine arrived, I am not that impressed. It has a very small field of view, the optics are super clear as Hensoldt,s are. There are no markings on them that say HK or Hensoldt. It shows 3.5 power and I compared it to my TA11 magnification not close in my opinion more like 1.5. At the price point I was not expecting it to to be as nice as the Eotech. I will be interested in other members thoughts when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Well, there must be something HK sees in them. Right?
Note that my issue is not with the optic itself. I like the reticle. It's just that the plastic housing is one piece and doesn't allow the unit to be set down on the rail from the top, then tightened down. I might have lived with that if it could have been slid on from the end. It couldn't. Fail.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is a big let down, but THANK YOU for letting us know. Without guys like you reporting on these products we'd all be worse off. Sounds like I might as well bite the bullet and go with the PA 5x prism scope instead... that thing ****s positive reviews but doesn't look as sexy as a Trijicon or as unique as this Hensoldt.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I sent mine back today too. I had the same issues mentioned above.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Note that my issue is not with the optic itself. I like the reticle. It's just that the plastic housing is one piece and doesn't allow the unit to be set down on the rail from the top, then tightened down. I might have lived with that if it could have been slid on from the end. It couldn't. Fail.
How is it compared to a magpul MBUS? Those are a bit hard to get on the rail.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts