HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an old USP .45 F. that I would like to get a replacement recoil spring for. I'm going to go with a Wolf spring, but wasn't sure if there is any advantage in getting their extra powered spring over the standard strength spring.

Same question goes for their mag springs, and hammer spring

Any opinions?

-Mike

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I have an old USP .45 F. that I would like to get a replacement recoil spring for. I'm going to go with a Wolf spring, but wasn't sure if there is any advantage in getting their extra powered spring over the standard strength spring.

Same question goes for their mag springs, and hammer spring

Any opinions?

-Mike
Unless you are gonna be shooting "45 Super" as a steady diet, I would say definitely go with the standard-strength recoil spring. The standard-strength spring is already somewhat oversprung to begin with. . . personally, I prefer an old, worn-in recoil spring. . . seems to shoot a bit softer to me. As far as the hammer spring is concerned, unless you have an ongoing problem with light strikes, I wouldn't change the strength either. The Wolff +10% mag-springs are GREAT, and I would even consider them an "upgrade" from the originals, but keep in mind: they are MUCH stiffer than the stock mag-springs, especially until they settle-in with time and useage. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts