HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been to a few of them, but that was during a visit to my uncles house..

looking to spend an hour or less drive to cross into PA and find a nice state outdoor range... I'm in paterson NJ

any help, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont go to the one on RT 6 near hawley, very restricted and undercovers are always there watching you. Last time i checked, you can only have 3 Rounds at a time in a rifle and 6 in a pistol. Thats just a taste of it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Dont go to the one on RT 6 near hawley, very restricted and undercovers are always there watching you. Last time i checked, you can only have 3 Rounds at a time in a rifle and 6 in a pistol. Thats just a taste of it.
Wow thats worse then ranges in NJ.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, well the problem is that MOST people that shoot there are either huge dis-obedient A-holes or from NJ. Theres been alot of problems and unlawfull things going on there so they kind HAVE to in order to keep it safe. I myself always see people running down range when live fire, people doing unsafe rapid firing, shooting and destroying the stands and garbage cans and target holders, misfires in the WRONG direction, dangerous ricochets etc etc. I also see alot of people not pointing their guns down range and that leads to problems with other shooters, because they feel unfomfortable and try to tell them off, but the others dont want to hear about. I guess you see this kinda stuff at any range but its happened there too much. Plus all the equiptment supplied is supported by funding from the people with PA hunting liscenses, so the officials get angry when people are destroying stuff. Im pretty sure they stop by a few times a day. That range was NEVER like that until the past few years.

But hell, most real shooters around that area, just MAKE their own range haha. I am good friends with someone in that area thats across the street from my hunting club that has his own. We go up there and anything goes hehe. Man....i wish i had my own range :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts