HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any updates? I'm itching for something *new* to HK. I've dabbled with everything, and (dare say) I'm getting bored! :41:

Need new HK's. :63:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to G3Kurz from almost two years ago, its supposed to be a striker-fired HK Pistol with a push-button mag release.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
According to G3Kurz from almost two years ago, its supposed to be a striker-fired HK Pistol with a push-button mag release.
Reportedly this design has been shelved at HK GmbH for the time being. The original customer for it (Bavarian police) have opted to stay with their P7's for the moment. However this could all change if another agency with the interest and the funds steps up to the plate. It is going to happen - it has to. No major pistol supplier should be in this maker without a direct striker-fired competitor to the Glock.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw =(... So is there anything *new* on the horizon besides this to look forward to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
They could consider this a "Value line" and compete in the price market with Glop, M&P, XD ect. If they did it right, they would be very good sellers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
G3Kurz,

thank you for the clarification, interesting nonetheless in regards to the specifics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
363 Posts
They could consider this a "Value line" and compete in the price market with Glop, M&P, XD ect. If they did it right, they would be very good sellers.
HK would never consider doing anything "value line" no matter how much money they would make. Value most times = some sort of COMPROMISE somewhere along the line, and we all know what their answer to that is now don't we?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Good grief! They'd sell a few thousand on this forum alone!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
A push button mag release would be a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I see the full ambi controls a significaint feature. Going to a push-button mag release seems like a significant step backwards.

-john
Well, you say that, but not everyone likes or wants the HK-style mag release. I agree that the HK release is more ambidextrious. But for me, given the choice, I'd prefer a push-button release. I have never felt comfortable using my trigger finger, or middle finger, to release the magazine, as the chance of an AD coming off the trigger (for me) is too high. I've played with it a bunch, and I just don't feel comfortable. I use the paddle on the left side just like a button on any other gun, and don't really have any problems with it, but a well thought out push-button that didn't necessitate turning the gun in your hand to activate it would make the speed-reload faster and easier for me.

There is also the option of using a switch-able mag release, like those found on a Beretta or Smith, for those leftys who prefer to operate the mag release with their left thumb (though I recognize that this isn't truly ambidextrious).

Again, this is just my opinion--I don't think there is a right or wrong, just preferences.

FWIW, I'd buy a 5" striker fired, push button mag release HK40 in a second, as in: Shut up and take my money!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts