HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Mags are Pretty plentiful right now I believe. Stocks? Meh......

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
His definition differs from yours. :wink: The first 4 places (most common resources) I just checked are all out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mags are horribly priced at over $100 each and intermittently available. Stocks are scarce. Supply vs. demand rules are in effect so if you want to avoid a good raping now is not the time to buy. HDPS has some M3 grease gun conversion mags that are reasonably priced but I haven't seen any reports as to their reliability. They hold 30 rounds vs. the 25 of the factory mags but they do not operate the bolt hold open which if you are used to the MP5 shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'd like to see someone with an actual UMP fire a few of the HDPS mags with the fun switch on.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
For the life of me...I can't understand why the stocks are so scarce. I can understand the mags because everyone knows people like to hoard extra mags...but the stocks?? I'm still searching for a stock and have been for 3 months. SEF tactical had a few new stocks and a few used stocks, I missed buying the last one by a few hours.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I was comparing mag prices to a month ago. They can be had for $100 now and are around. Where as a month ago, they were going for almost $200. That was insane.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
The allocation of parts to the U.S. has already been completed for 2012. What parts, if any, that arrive here will be in scattered small quantities based on what other nations do not consume.

Remember that UMP stocks and mags, in the eyes of HKO, are military/LE parts and as such are allocated based on U.S. military/LE consumption, not U.S. commercial consumption. Much of this is the reason why HKI can order 2000 mags and only receive 100.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap. For those with the graft conversion (mine will be soon), I just found the fix.

HK .40 Cal UMP M4 Butt Adapter Hogue : Rifle Stocks at GunBroker.com

No more issues finding an ump stock.

That is VERY cool- thanks for the heads up on this. It looks like a very viable option. I don't quite understand how it mounts though. I wonder if there is an M-4 style that is like an MP5 A3 stock - very minimal? *I don't think this particular one will clear the ejection port folded, but if it's collapsible, who would care? *Great find!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That is VERY cool- thanks for the heads up on this. It looks like a very viable option. I don't quite understand how it mounts though. I wonder if there is an M-4 style that is like an MP5 A3 stock - very minimal? *I don't think this particular one will clear the ejection port folded, but if it's collapsible, who would care? *Great find!
It appears to maybe replace the backing plate on the trigger pack. This will not work on a USC receiver as far as I can tell. Just know that.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
It should mount to the HDPS block as well. The front part simply mounts to the receiver (or stock block) just like a stock. We had one to play with in the UMP Armorer's class... don't remember if it was the Hogue or the B&T. IIRC, the stock will sit BELOW the ejection port when folded which is why it has a separate hinge.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That's cool chops. I may pic one of these up when I finally get the USC done. Looks kinda cool.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Brahma it should work with the graft as well. It's marketed for the ump.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Heard from Hk this morning...shipments should start coming in "July-August". I'll think I'll wait on this Hogue adapter...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts