HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so I'm leaning on the glass display case at the local gun shop to see if they could help me out with all the shipping crap 'cause I wanted a brand (HK) that they didn't carry....no problem, $25 bucks, good background check--ship it in. After 10 minutes gathering the info, I look down through the glass and realize I've been standing over a German P30 40 S&W LEM on consignment; it was the odd ball in the case surrounded by Glocks & Sigs. Please, just slap me upside the head with it. The piece was FLAWLESS. Asked about the round count 'cause the mags didn't have a scrape; gunnie said "probably a couple boxes". Soooo...you want $789....will you take Seven. Gunnie says "let me check".......SOLD! Proving once again that even a blind squirrel can find a nut!

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Nice score. On a side note, from the thread title, I thought the OP was getting raked over the coals by his FFL on transfer fees!! Hehehe

·
Registered
172 Posts
What makes it a German P30?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That was a great deal, and Holdover, I didn't realize HK was making or assembling P30s in the US.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...on the P30 40 s&w there was a small engraving on the slide back by the hammer that said "made in Germany". Just checked my P30 9mm and there isn't any engraving on the slide. Actually, I don't care about German made, but its a big deal to some on the forum. Its my understanding that the Mags and slides for HK's are made in Germany and shipped to the US for the models made here. If you read the "Group Buy 45c" thread I think they refer to parts that have to be shipped over for the 45c production run. Anyway, who the EFF cares. An HK is an HK to me....just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts