HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Probably costs more than $10 to paint it, but definitely a but much for the price increase.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
So is it "custom" or a "rare" "edition"?
Why can’t it be both? If it’s a custom job that they only made a few of, or one of, isn’t that rare?

That said, given the seller, the hyperbole isn’t in any way surprising.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Not really into the SL8, but I thought that they only came in black and grey. Never saw a white one, but looking at the photos, it was really good custom job if in fact it is custom and not factory. Regardless, I bet it will fetch north of $4000!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why can’t it be both? If it’s a custom job that they only made a few of, or one of, isn’t that rare?

That said, given the seller, the hyperbole isn’t in any way surprising.
Saying it's an edition implies that it's a special run of these from the factory, or even some sort of identifiable aftermarket customizer who ran a batch of these.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Well at least they didn't advertise it as the ultra rare "Special Artic Warfare" edition!
You've got your seller's mixed up...

Keystone Arms: "Ultra mega super duper extra special rare...(displayed lovingly on the token red table cloth)"

Rocke Guns: "Space Force Special Arctic Warfare contract overrun!!!!...(displayed with quality accessories and crappy paint job, but marked up 500%)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Why can’t it be both?
Custom would denote special modifications as per the request of the purchaser by contract. In a sense all Custom should be "rare" in its uniqueness. "Rare" should be left for limited, seldom-seen but desirable factory configurations. Though I think we could all possibly agree that a TSC PSG-2, G41c are certainly both "rare" and "custom".

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
An example of rare is true love, which is hard to find. An example of rare is a painting by Picasso, of which there is one.

My favorite: rare is a steak that is still pink in the middle

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The owner Frankie is a prick. He got butthurt at my buddy who was also using a red background and threatened to sue for trademark infringement 😂.
that is truly funny - trademark a color …

1 - 20 of 68 Posts