HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this gun new a week ago. I did a light clean and lube before taking it to range for first time yesterday. Used both mags that came with the new gun. Shot Blazer Brass FMJ (115 gr, I think-- can check). Had two problems multiple times within the first 150 rounds:

1) rounds jammed down deep in the mag, preventing feed. Freed up the jam by jabbing with a dowel the first time, but then it happened again, so I gave up on that mag. Can send photo of the jam if helpful.

2) Something like three stovepipes. Cleared easily by racking slide, tossing out empty case and fresh round that had been partly chambered. Doubt it's just limp-wristing, because I shot two different rental HSP USP 9mm pieces before buying this one, and had zero problems with those. Extractor problem?

I love the feel and accuracy of the gun, but am disappointed with reliability out of the box. I'd greatly appreciate advice on this!

[I searched the forum for info on this, but didn't immediately find something current. Feel free to refer me to a relevant prior thread.]

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks to both. Won't get to range today, but will repost when I have.

On another forum, someone said to just sit there and rack the slide a few hundred times by hand...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool, thanks to both. Won't get to range today, but will repost when I have.

On another forum, someone said to just sit there and rack the slide a few hundred times by hand...
It does make a beautiful sound. I think shooting is more fun. Better yet, do both.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
yes, use 50-100 rds of +P, or similar MEN, S&B, Win NATO pressure rounds. problem solved. enjoy your new firearm. Ive always wanted a usp9, but went for the 45 instead. oh well. someday.
I'm jealous!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, use 50-100 rds of +P, or similar MEN, S&B, Win NATO pressure rounds. problem solved. enjoy your new firearm. Ive always wanted a usp9, but went for the 45 instead. oh well. someday.
I'm jealous!
Thanks. Is this a break-in thing that you and others have gone through?

Yeah, it's a sweet gun. I also looked at Glocks and Sigs, but fell in love with the HK. But the 45 should be great too. I picked 9mm mainly because I figured, with cheaper ammo, I'd practice more.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
its not a verified break-in as stated. Walther, HK, Glock, and many of the European companies, have higher pressures, so when they are tested, the ammo has a bit more pressure, to cycle the firearm, and when we get them, and use our silly under pressure fairy fluffy ammo, FTF's happen. Its completely normal. I have always used what is recommended by European manufacturers, a higher NATO pressure round, or +P ammo.
The U.S. +P ammo is just a whicker over standard NATO pressures. so it will be fine.

The other stuff +P+ or SUPER, is NOT recommended. sure it can handle a few here and there, but why spend good money on a fine piece of art to knowingly put stress on it?

+P is fine. once you get a couple hundred through it, the spring will loosen up just a bit. But as mentioned here, stick with the 124 or 147 gr 9mm ammos'

enjoy

i

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sat racking my USPs all night long when I first got them. :) Never had an issue with any USP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Like others have stated, a couple of boxes of NATO Spec 124 gr or +p 9mm will do the trick. Make sure it is NATO spec, because I've noticed BB 124gr ball is available, but it is not loaded to NATO pressures. When I first got my p30, I used 115gr target ammo on the first range trip. It sent brass to my head. Next range session I fed it 124 gr NATO and ever since it now runs with anything without brass to my head. Hand cycle the slide a 100 times or so too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Range report

I followed advice given by members here: racked the slide a few 100 times in the last week, locked it back also for about 2 days, and bought winchester nato rounds.

Today, I fired about 150 rounds today: 100 NATO, and 50 Blazer Brass 115s. There were zero feed or ejection problems. So... hopefully problem solved.

The only remaining issue is that rounds again got jammed in one of the mags, although I had disassembled and cleaned and lubed them both. This happened while I was loading it. So I suspect one mag is wonky. I'm hoping HK will just replace this one, since it is one of the two that came with the gun. (HK Customer Service, if you are reading this, please let me know!)

Thanks for all of the good advice!

·
Minister of Kraut Space Magic
328 Posts
Range report

I followed advice given by members here: racked the slide a few 100 times in the last week, locked it back also for about 2 days, and bought winchester nato rounds.

Today, I fired about 150 rounds today: 100 NATO, and 50 Blazer Brass 115s. There were zero feed or ejection problems. So... hopefully problem solved.

The only remaining issue is that rounds again got jammed in one of the mags, although I had disassembled and cleaned and lubed them both. This happened while I was loading it. So I suspect one mag is wonky. I'm hoping HK will just replace this one, since it is one of the two that came with the gun. (HK Customer Service, if you are reading this, please let me know!)

Thanks for all of the good advice!
Please feel free to give us a call with the serial number to get a RMA so you can send the mag in for inspection.

Thank you

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks. Is this a break-in thing that you and others have gone through?
It seems like every week or so someone posts about a new H&K with similar problems and they are using Blazer 115gr brass.

I like American Eagle 124gr. It is pretty hot but like others have said there is a lot of good ammo out there.

Take their advice and I doubt you will have any more problems.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts