HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me about the SR9 rifle I saw?

PSG1 factory stock, PSG1 grip and trigger. KA date code on receiver. 3 digit serial number 1XX. JUST stamped SR9 with no T or TC.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
There are theories that out of the 125 SR9TC rifles that HK produced the first 25 were just marked SR9. There are several old threads on the forum about it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are theories that out of the 125 SR9TC rifles that HK produced the first 25 were just marked SR9. There are several old threads on the forum about it.

This one is in 150 range. ( last 3 digits). KA date code. Has that funny looking trigger , PSG1 stock and PSGI grip. Just stamped SR9. Does that mean it's nothe SR9TC? If so, then what is it? A regula regular 1990 SR9 with TC options?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
It is documented that HK sold exactly 125 SR9 rifles in the "TC" configuration (PSG1 stock and trigger group). The "TC" was hand stamped after the "SR9" on these rifles after arriving in the US by an HK USA employee in Virginia. Many of these stampings are crooked and were obviously done by hand.

The majority of these seem to fall into some of the later serial number SR9s (2500 and above) and have a KD date code. There is not an exact serial number range for them as HK seemed to just grab random SR9s and convert them.

However, based on my research the consensus seems to be that it is possible that the first 25 of SR9 rifles sold in the "TC" configuration were not marked "TC" because they were just special orders from customers and were not actually available in the catalog. These rifles would most likely be a KA date code.

After this first batch of 25, HK decided to officially offer the SR9 in this ("TC") configuration and started stamping them as such. This stamped batch consisted of 100 rifles.

Unless you have documentation (such as the original manual with the warning sticker for the PSG1 trigger) it is impossible to prove if the SR9 you are looking at was shipped from HK in the "TC" configuration or if the PSG1 parts were added later on by an owner.

I just bought and SR9TC on Thursday so I have been researching them extensively.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is documented that HK sold exactly 125 SR9 rifles in the "TC" configuration (PSG1 stock and trigger group). The "TC" was hand stamped after the "SR9" on these rifles after arriving in the US by an HK USA employee in Virginia. Many of these stampings are crooked and were obviously done by hand.

The majority of these seem to fall into some of the later serial number SR9s (2500 and above) and have a KD date code. There is not an exact serial number range for them as HK seemed to just grab random SR9s and convert them.

However, based on my research the consensus seems to be that it is possible that the first 25 of SR9 rifles sold in the "TC" configuration were not marked "TC" because they were just special orders from customers and were not actually available in the catalog. These rifles would most likely be a KA date code.

After this first batch of 25, HK decided to officially offer the SR9 in this ("TC") configuration and started stamping them as such. This stamped batch consisted of 100 rifles.

Unless you have documentation (such as the original manual with the warning sticker for the PSG1 trigger) it is impossible to prove if the SR9 you are looking at was shipped from HK in the "TC" configuration or the PSG1 parts were added later on by an owner.

I just bought and SR9TC on Thursday so I have been researching them extensively.

One I am looking at has only 3 digit number and I'd a KA stamped . Which makes it a VERY early SR9. it has all the features of TC . There is no box or mannual. So I will be looking it as an SR9 that was turned into an SR9TC by adding all the HK factory parts that make sr9 an sr9tc. Hope this is making some sense . Also , what is the difference between a TC and regular SR9 that was added all the TC factory options ? What is a going price for these guns today?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I get what you are saying and the fact that it still has the box and manual is great.

Regardless of whether it shipped from HK with the PSG1 parts or not it is still valuable. The parts themselves are what add the value, not the stamping.

What's the price on it?

This thread covers many details.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...k-sr9-tc-models.html#/topics/125476?_k=3qs3d8

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Also , what is the difference between a TC and regular SR9 that was added all the TC factory options ? What is a going price for these guns today?
There is no difference other than the stock and trigger group/grip.

I would say the price ranges from $4,500 to $6,500 depending on condition and market demand.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get what you are saying and the fact that it still has the box and manual is great.

Regardless of whether it shipped from HK with the PSG1 parts or not it is still valuable. The parts themselves are what add the value, not the stamping.

What's the price on it?

This thread covers many details.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...k-sr9-tc-models.html#/topics/125476?_k=3qs3d8

Sorry. I edited my response. No, there is no box or manual . Just excellent condition SR9 in a TC configuration .with 3 digit under 200 serial number and KA code. I think it will be priced at 3k total. I will find out later this week .

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
That's a really good price. The shop local to me has an IB HK91 with claw and port buffer marks. They want $3500 for it.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Sorry. I edited my response. No, there is no box or manual . Just excellent condition SR9 in a TC configuration .with 3 digit under 200 serial number and KA code. I think it will be priced at 3k total. I will find out later this week .
Yeah I would jump on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything looking good so far. The PSG1 stock however is marked 4IJ(?) and the cheek piece is marked with a different code(?). There is some small metal sleeve that goes on topricing of the receiver with something that looks like she'll deflector (?). It's same color as the gun and does not look out of place . Anyone ever seen anything like that?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sounds like one of the clip on shell deflectors. I have no idea if that is stock though.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
What is all that talk that you can't modify SR9's.? Thank American parts need to be used ?
Since the SR9 was imported after the 1989 import ban it is technically illegal to add parts that make it a scary "assault weapon" (no pistol grip or flash hider). If you want to convert one you can have no more than 10 foreign parts on the rifle, the rest must be U.S. made.

Look into 922r. There is plenty of information out there. This worksheet can help guide you. BuildG3VerifyCompliance < Gunwiki < TWiki

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Since the SR9 was imported after the 1989 import ban it is technically illegal to add parts that make it a scary "assault weapon" (no pistol grip or flash hider). If you want to convert one you can have no more than 10 foreign parts on the rifle, the rest must be U.S. made.

Look into 922r. There is plenty of information out there. This worksheet can help guide you. BuildG3VerifyCompliance < Gunwiki < TWiki
What if the rifle already has a psg1 a trigger group and the pistol grip? In other words what if You already have SR9T or TC marked or unmarked? Can you change a configuration of theno rifle by simply changing the HK made parts? Like a different grip a different stock? For example if you have an SR9 with T or Tc features and you want to turn it into a regular SR9 or the other way around

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
What if the rifle already has a psg1 a trigger group and the pistol grip? In other words what if You already have SR9T or TC marked or unmarked? Can you change a configuration of the rifle by simply changing the HK made parts? Like a different grip a different stock?
The T and TC are an exception to the rule. The ATF allowed them to ship with pistol grips and adjustable stocks for a short time before changing their minds.

However, an unmarked SR9 is a gray area because no one can prove that it shipped that way. This is why some SR9 owners would forge the T or TC markings onto their regular SR9 so they could add the PSG1 parts and circumvent 922R.

Regardless, you can not change the furniture on even the marked T and TC rifles and stay legal. They must stay in the "target" configuration withe the PSG1 grip and "target" stocks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This is really weird. And that is why I have a second thoughts about actually getting the rifle. How can it be a grey area if nobody can prove how the gun actually came into the country? Can an unmarked TC be turned into regular SR9 then? But then it still would be impossible to prove in which configuration the rifle got into the country? So basically an unmarked t or tc is a no-go? That is my interpretation .

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
This is really weird. And that is why I have a second thoughts about actually getting the rifle. How can it be a grey area if nobody can prove how the gun actually came into the country? Can an unmarked TC be turned into regular SR9 then? But then it still would be impossible to prove in which configuration the rifle got into the country? So basically an unmarked t or tc is a no-go? That is my interpretation .
An unmarked TC and T could be turned into a regular SR9 by adding a the the thumbhole stock, no legal problems there.

I wouldn't say it is a no-go because no one could prove that it did not ship that way, and you personally didn't add the parts anyway. It would be very difficult (impossible) for the ATF to pursue that case.

922R is a paper tiger, but if you are really paranoid about it, buy it and sell the PSG1 parts. You will make most of your money back and still have an Sr9.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
An unmarked TC and T could be turned into a regular SR9 by adding a the the thumbhole stock, no legal problems there.

I wouldn't say it is a no-go because no one could prove that it did not ship that way, and you personally didn't add the parts anyway. It would be very difficult (impossible) for the ATF to pursue that case.

922R is a paper tiger, but if you are really paranoid about it, buy it and sell the PSG1 parts. You will make most of your money back and still have an Sr9.
Not really paranoid but just like to know what I am getting into before I get into into it . LOL.

The rifle I am looking at is a very early under 200 serial number and KA (1990) marked. As far as the model goes, Its not marked anything other than SR9.

The PSG1 Stock is marked 4IJ. Has just a PSG1 trigger group and grip. And some clip on shell deflector ( looks like a factory part to me but I am not sure.)

My understanding is that my ONLY options are :

Leave it as it is or turn it into a STD SR9. Am I correct? Or there are other options?

If it was to be turned from TC to STD SR9, what would be the list of HK Parts I would need to get?

Thank You again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts