HKPRO Forums banner

Strange SR9 rifle

4K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  AGG 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me about the SR9 rifle I saw?

PSG1 factory stock, PSG1 grip and trigger. KA date code on receiver. 3 digit serial number 1XX. JUST stamped SR9 with no T or TC.

Thank You.

#4 · (Edited)
It is documented that HK sold exactly 125 SR9 rifles in the "TC" configuration (PSG1 stock and trigger group). The "TC" was hand stamped after the "SR9" on these rifles after arriving in the US by an HK USA employee in Virginia. Many of these stampings are crooked and were obviously done by hand.

The majority of these seem to fall into some of the later serial number SR9s (2500 and above) and have a KD date code. There is not an exact serial number range for them as HK seemed to just grab random SR9s and convert them.

However, based on my research the consensus seems to be that it is possible that the first 25 of SR9 rifles sold in the "TC" configuration were not marked "TC" because they were just special orders from customers and were not actually available in the catalog. These rifles would most likely be a KA date code.

After this first batch of 25, HK decided to officially offer the SR9 in this ("TC") configuration and started stamping them as such. This stamped batch consisted of 100 rifles.

Unless you have documentation (such as the original manual with the warning sticker for the PSG1 trigger) it is impossible to prove if the SR9 you are looking at was shipped from HK in the "TC" configuration or if the PSG1 parts were added later on by an owner.

I just bought and SR9TC on Thursday so I have been researching them extensively.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
It is documented that HK sold exactly 125 SR9 rifles in the "TC" configuration (PSG1 stock and trigger group). The "TC" was hand stamped after the "SR9" on these rifles after arriving in the US by an HK USA employee in Virginia. Many of these stampings are crooked and were obviously done by hand.

The majority of these seem to fall into some of the later serial number SR9s (2500 and above) and have a KD date code. There is not an exact serial number range for them as HK seemed to just grab random SR9s and convert them.

However, based on my research the consensus seems to be that it is possible that the first 25 of SR9 rifles sold in the "TC" configuration were not marked "TC" because they were just special orders from customers and were not actually available in the catalog. These rifles would most likely be a KA date code.

After this first batch of 25, HK decided to officially offer the SR9 in this ("TC") configuration and started stamping them as such. This stamped batch consisted of 100 rifles.

Unless you have documentation (such as the original manual with the warning sticker for the PSG1 trigger) it is impossible to prove if the SR9 you are looking at was shipped from HK in the "TC" configuration or the PSG1 parts were added later on by an owner.

I just bought and SR9TC on Thursday so I have been researching them extensively.

One I am looking at has only 3 digit number and I'd a KA stamped . Which makes it a VERY early SR9. it has all the features of TC . There is no box or mannual. So I will be looking it as an SR9 that was turned into an SR9TC by adding all the HK factory parts that make sr9 an sr9tc. Hope this is making some sense . Also , what is the difference between a TC and regular SR9 that was added all the TC factory options ? What is a going price for these guns today?

#6 ·
I get what you are saying and the fact that it still has the box and manual is great.

Regardless of whether it shipped from HK with the PSG1 parts or not it is still valuable. The parts themselves are what add the value, not the stamping.

What's the price on it?

This thread covers many details.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...k-sr9-tc-models.html#/topics/125476?_k=3qs3d8

#11 ·
Everything looking good so far. The PSG1 stock however is marked 4IJ(?) and the cheek piece is marked with a different code(?). There is some small metal sleeve that goes on topricing of the receiver with something that looks like she'll deflector (?). It's same color as the gun and does not look out of place . Anyone ever seen anything like that?

#12 ·
Sounds like one of the clip on shell deflectors. I have no idea if that is stock though.

#15 ·
Since the SR9 was imported after the 1989 import ban it is technically illegal to add parts that make it a scary "assault weapon" (no pistol grip or flash hider). If you want to convert one you can have no more than 10 foreign parts on the rifle, the rest must be U.S. made.

Look into 922r. There is plenty of information out there. This worksheet can help guide you. BuildG3VerifyCompliance < Gunwiki < TWiki

#18 · (Edited)
This is really weird. And that is why I have a second thoughts about actually getting the rifle. How can it be a grey area if nobody can prove how the gun actually came into the country? Can an unmarked TC be turned into regular SR9 then? But then it still would be impossible to prove in which configuration the rifle got into the country? So basically an unmarked t or tc is a no-go? That is my interpretation .

#19 ·
An unmarked TC and T could be turned into a regular SR9 by adding a the the thumbhole stock, no legal problems there.

I wouldn't say it is a no-go because no one could prove that it did not ship that way, and you personally didn't add the parts anyway. It would be very difficult (impossible) for the ATF to pursue that case.

922R is a paper tiger, but if you are really paranoid about it, buy it and sell the PSG1 parts. You will make most of your money back and still have an Sr9.

#24 ·
I would buy it that way and have the shop write the receipt up as SR9 with PSG1 stock and grip. That way you have proof that you purchased the rifle in this configuration and did not do it yourself. Either way if you have the ATF inspecting something like that looking for 922r you have way bigger problems.

#25 · (Edited)
I agree . Lol. Strange rifles those SR9 . Is that true that they have US made parts in them? Also I red somewhere that You can't modify them in any way. Like changing forearm , grip etc. That they have to be in either SR9 , SR9T or SR9TC configuration only. Is that true? The codes on that PSG1 stock date it to 1988. The gun. Is KA 1990.

#27 ·
922r is the bogeyman everyone worries about yet no one can provide a case where an end user was charged for violating it, that wasn't tied to a more serious weapons charge which made the 922r violation penalty really moot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.