HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both, I'm not sure if I can point out all differences, these are the ones which are easier to notice:
1. TLR-2 is aluminum housing, M6 is polymer housing
2. TLR-2 has a "tumbler" mode switch (laser only, light only, both), M6 has a rotating switch
3. Laser adds up more height to both of them, but M6 is notably higher.
4. TLR-2 is fastened with a spring-loaded screw, M6 with a rail insert.

I was at a low-light class about a month ago. The instructor, Ken Hackathorn had very low opinion on M6 and sister designs. Concerning TLR he said it was a pretty good inexpensive light. (His first choice was Surefire). He mentioned a local PD that purchased about 60 TLR-1, after 1 year only 5-6 units had to be replaced, he phrased it as a compliment.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a great post boy, Which do You like as well?

it sounds like he prefers light only no laser.

due to the nature of its usage i prefer it to have laser, just in case wife has to use it. its simple to remember under pressure, "red light, red hole"

Which Do you like between the two?

I notice that the M6 I cannot find on their site, but the TLR-2 I can.

This post will definitly help other people with the same question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I prefer TLR-2 personally.

As to Ken H, he's a big fan of lasers, it's just that he chose higher-end, more expensive set of products. For the class he used S&W M&P pistol with a Surefire light (I don't know whether it was 200A, 200B or 300) and a Crimson Trace laser grip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In addition to the other differences described above, I believe the biggest change, and a positive one at that, is that the TLR series use an LED which is a much whiter light (think automotive HID lights versus automotive Halogen lights) and which tends to be much more durable over the long haul than any bulb.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I have one M6 and three TLR-2. Does that tell you anything?
Go with the TLR-2. You won't be sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts