HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Nice!

The TLR-3 fit like a glove in my opinion...so this should too.

If the price is right...this lessens my desire for the Viridian C5L.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a distributor that carry them I want to say they were $130 but I cant find it know. lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
It appears that Streamlight is covering a lot of bases with this light/laser:

Rail clamp designed to rapidly attach/detach from side of weapon.
Models also available for H&K USP Compact frame and H&K USP Full Size frame.

TLR-4 Includes Rail Locating Keys for to fit a wide variety of weapons. Lithium battery. Boxed.
Part No, 69240

H&K USP Full Size Adapter
Part No. 69085

H&K USP Compact Adapter
Part No. 69091

TLR-4 Info Sheet
I’m thinkin’ it will fit my HK45C and with the USPC adapter it would work on my P2000SK, too.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Nice!

The TLR-3 fit like a glove in my opinion...so this should too.

If the price is right...this lessens my desire for the Viridian C5L.

Yea but theres no getting around that red lasers are not as good as green. Green is more visible to us humans because of the wavelength that it vibrates @. So for the same amount of power consumption, you get a perceived brighter output from the grren laser. And also for the sc guys out there, the c5l isnt as long.

Maybe its just me but i've never been a fan of streamlights weaponlights. Same goes for surefire, but for an entirely different reason ($$$).

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I shot a night match or two and I thought having a combo light laser was a huge advantage. I also had no problem seeing the red laser out to handgun distances.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So..I assume it is available? I really like the TLR-3 I had, it was very bright, but had to sell. I'm interested...

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Looks like it went from 90 lumens on the TLR-3 to 110 lumens on the TLR-4.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This looks really nice....

especially at the price point. But I have my doubts as to the laser holding zero with the very short rail that it has. If any one can vouch for that (holding zero) I would be all in.

Now, if we can find a holster for the new tlr-4, we'd be golden. :300000000:

·
Registered
135 Posts
You guys are mixed up the facts.

1. Green laser light is MUCH more visible - day or night. In fact at night it can give you, the shooter, spot blindness just from its intensity. Also, bright green light lessens your night vision much more so than red.

2. Red lasers work just fine, at night, but during the day, unless they're really bright they get washed out by sunlight.

3. Red laser light is much more efficient to generate than green. Because of that, red lasers have much longer battery life than green, all things being equal.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just tried to fit the TLR-3 on my 45c, but i threw out the package with the different size keys for it. I have key c, but that's for my glock. Can I buy just the key for the 45c?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just looked on the streamlight website, but it doesn't list the key for hk. So I would just need to purchase a TLR-4 if I wanted another streamlight?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just looked on the streamlight website, but it doesn't list the key for hk. So I would just need to purchase a TLR-4 if I wanted another streamlight?
you can buy just the key/adapter for the TRL 3 or 4 from Optics planet. for the USP or USPc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just got my first HK firearm and I must say, I am very impressed and excited to own such a fine piece of craftsmanship. Here are some pics of my USP Compact 9mm with the Streamlight TLR-4

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
New Gen2 Viridian lights are awesome. IF i got a light laser combo it would be the Virdian.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You guys are mixed up the facts.

1. Green laser light is MUCH more visible - day or night. In fact at night it can give you, the shooter, spot blindness just from its intensity. Also, bright green light lessens your night vision much more so than red.

2. Red lasers work just fine, at night, but during the day, unless they're really bright they get washed out by sunlight.

3. Red laser light is much more efficient to generate than green. Because of that, red lasers have much longer battery life than green, all things being equal.
If you are worried about spot blindness from the laser then you better be throwing a red filter on the light. The light unfiltered will ruin your natural night vision even worse.
It has been quite a while since ive had my hands on a red laser, but handguns wouldnt really matter. If it were on a rifle I would def go green for its range.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Saw the viridian on the 45c this weekend.
Looked awesome on the gun and on the target.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts