HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my HK45 from the group buy (ahhhh, so nice) and bought a TLR-2 +strobe for it. I mounted it initially with the "glock" block which seems to mount up just fine, but there is also a standard 1913/Picatinny rail adapter that may be more specific.

Which adapter is the correct one to use in this situation? So far I'm VERY impressed with the light/laser combo. I don't quite understand how one would use the strobe however as it is very disorienting but the fact it requires a constant upward pressure on the switch in momentary mode with the trigger finger makes me wonder how, if a true threat is identified, one would fire without losing the light and laser in the moments before placing the finger on the trigger to fire.

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had my TLR-2 (non-strobe) mounted on my HK45 for several years.

Being right-handed, I just use my left thumb to go "down" for intermittent light/laser or "up" for continuous.

No complaints...great light/laser combo in my opinion.

ETA: I used the 1913 adapter that came with the TLR-2, too.

ETA II: This is my main home defense sidearm...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had my TLR-2 (non-strobe) mounted on my HK45 for several years.

Being right-handed, I just use my left thumb to go "down" for intermittent light/laser or "up" for continuous.

No complaints...great light/laser combo in my opinion.

ETA: I used the 1913 adapter that came with the TLR-2, too.

ETA II: This is my main home defense sidearm...
That looks familiar, except mine is LEM so no manual safety. I think I will swap it out for the 1913 adapter if nothing more than to get the little Glock labeled adapter out of my beautiful HK45. I will clearly need to do some training drills to make the off-hand strobe thing feel right.

Great feeling weapon and the TLR2 is such a wonderful little device that feels right at home on the high quality of the HK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I will swap it out for the 1913 adapter if nothing more than to get the little Glock labeled adapter out of my beautiful HK45.
And on that note, I'll be doing the same with my recent purchase of a new TLR2 on my HK45 (V1 w/ Ambi Lever (for now)). Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, I realize the 1913 adapter/key is "optimized" for the TLR2 on the HK45, but I also tried the P320 adapter and it seems to be a better (read: "closer") fit.

Both the 1913 and P320 keys fit fully into the bottom rail of the HK45, but the difference is the distance they each hold the TLR2 in place in front of the trigger guard. It basically comes down to how much of a "small" gap you want between the TLR2 and the trigger guard.

20200823_115223.jpg
20200823_115020.jpg

The other supplied keys are of no use on an HK45, but the 1913 and P320 keys are both rock solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts