HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums all, thanks for having me and I'm thrilled to be here! Today I got a brass jag which snapped from my cleaning rod lodged tightly in the breech of my Mark 23. I carefully ran the rod down the muzzle and one solid tap with a hammer launched the jag forecully from the breech and everything seems A-OKAY. I was just wondering if anybody might be able to upload a photo of their Mark 23 barrel focusing right where the polygonal rifling begins from the breech. I just want a comparison photo to make sure I didn't damage anything (although I doubt very much a brass jag would have caused any damage), perhaps I'm being paranoid. Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Best I can do with the camera phone on short notice. B.T.W. born and raised in Bay Shore and was a member of LIPSA for years before I moved ! Good Luck, I'm sure you didn't damage anything....it's a TANK !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best I can do with the camera phone on short notice. B.T.W. born and raised in Bay Shore and was a member of LIPSA for years before I moved ! Good Luck, I'm sure you didn't damage anything....it's a TANK !

thanks a million! I wasn't sure about where the lands kind of ramp up from the breech, looks like I was being paranoid after all. I'm in Glen Head but me and the wife are looking at houses on the south shore. You on the job?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'd be very upset with the chrome lining if a brass jag could damage it by removing it what seems like as gently as possible under the circumstances.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'd be very upset with the chrome lining if a brass jag could damage it by removing it what seems like as gently as possible under the circumstances.
I'd be very upset with HK in general if something as soft as a brass jag in any way damaged any part of a cold hammer forged barrel under any circumstances.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be very upset with HK in general if something as soft as a brass jag in any way damaged any part of a cold hammer forged barrel under any circumstances.
Hahaha this is true! But I have some divine ability to break everything I touch

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My normal .45 jag, however I was using butch's twill patches and didn't realize I had two patches stuck together.. jag + doubled up patches + solvent = a mess.
oh, if there were patches in between the jag and the barrel, should be fine
i thought you jammed a larger jag in there somehow

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My normal .45 jag, however I was using butch's twill patches and didn't realize I had two patches stuck together.. jag + doubled up patches + solvent = a mess.
Those Butch's patches are a PITA to get through a barrel, especially when wet, so 2 had to be.....well, I gave up on the Butch's patches after nearly getting a few stuck. It's a Mk23, can't hurt it is the good news.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You ain't kidding bro! I know benchrest guys swear by them but I think the Mark 23 will be just fine with hoppes cotton patches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts