HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have had the barrel off one of my USCs a couple of times and I just cant seem to get the factory pin out this time. I have tried punches, rods etc... and am afraid I will break the receiver if I hammer it any harder. Any thoughts? Any lubricants that are safe to use with the plastic that could maybe help?

Which brings me to my second question: How much machining is needed to use that TN quick change barrel pin? I haven't seen any close-up shots of the quick change pin in place; does anybody have a pic? Are there any other solutions out there? I am about to do a 40 & 45 SBR (yes after the paperwork comes back) and dont want to go through this everytime I change the barrel..

Any help would be great!

Thanks - Max

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looking at it, the only thing that needs to be done is the plastic area the pin resides in needs to be opened up to (I'm guessing here in diameter) about 10mm or so. Not a big deal to say the least :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
No changes need to be made at all to use the TN pin. I have one and it pops right in place with no problem.
But you still have the problem of getting that thing out of there. I know I had a real problem with one and I put a couple dents in my kitchen table I was tapping it so hard.
I know they will drive out easier in a certain direction, I think it is left to right but I am not 100% sure.
If you were trying to get it out and enlarged the pin on one end that could be the problem, maybe try driving it out the other way.
And I'm sure WD40 wouldnt hurt at all so maybe try some of that.

Edit: I will take of pic of the barrel pin in place for you tomorrow

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unstuck ...

Large amount of lithium white grease, soaked in over several hours finally did the trick.

Thanks for the info about the TN quick change pin. If anybody does get the chance to post a pic or two that would be great, but I think that is the way I am going to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts