HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is the de-cock button on the P2000 a REALLY BAD idea??
I have to totally change my grip, and risk dropping the gun, in order to de-cock. And if my finger is not WELL away from the trigger, it would be REALLY easy to launch a round while trying to de-cock.
I would seriously consider the P30, except for that stupid de-cock button.
........But that's just my NSHO.......what do those of you who actually USE one have to say ???

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hear ya', dude. I bought a USP9C over the P2000 partially due to the strange decocker position on the latter (I also prefer manual safeties on carry weapons, so the frame-mounted "control levers" found on Variant 1 USP's work best for me). Aside from the strange postioning of the decocker, the P2000 seems like a fine gun.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Doesn't bother me but if it does you why not just try one of the LEM models.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just try useing your weak hand.

I like it, it doesn't protrude like on the USP. Works great for me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's VERY easy to do and gets the decocker off the side of the pistol making for a slimmer profile. IMHO, it's a better design!
I always keep my finger away from the trigger when decocking so firing a round by accident is very unlikely!

When I first handled a P2000 V3 with de-cock, I made the mistake of pushing IN on the decocker. It seemed a little hard to decock. I quickly learned to push IN and DOWN. Made a world of difference. After owning both the USP and P2000, I see the new way as a refinement to the design.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's VERY easy to do and gets the decocker off the side of the pistol making for a slimmer profile. IMHO, it's a better design!
I always keep my finger away from the trigger when decocking so firing a round by accident is very unlikely!

When I first handled a P2000 V3 with de-cock, I made the mistake of pushing IN on the decocker. It seemed a little hard to decock. I quickly learned to push IN and DOWN. Made a world of difference. After owning both the USP and P2000, I see the new way as a refinement to the design.
Mirrors my experience and thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It's a lot better than having a decocking lever that keeps decocking while you are shooting like the standard USP V1.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I love the de cocker on the P2000. I think one actually keeps better control of the gun with it being on the back of the gun versus the side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hhmmmm....maybe it IS just me !! I'm so used to my USP's in V3, which always work well for me. I am considering the P30 for my daughter-in-law, not for me anyway. If it ever actually comes out I guess I'll have HER try it and maybe she'll be OK w/ it. Thanx for the responses.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like it on the back of the slide. I shoot right handed so I manipulate the decocker with my right thumb. Don't have to change my grip in the least.

R

·
0 Posts
I remember it seemed odd at first but now I don't mind it running right or left handed. It's also good to know that IF after a shooting you have brain-fade and don't decock, you can do so in-holster, without having to draw the weapon again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
USPC

Have the USPC and SK. For a LH like me, the USPC decocker is in a opimum natural position. Maybe if the SK decocker button was available on RT hammer side. Offer me a USPC mini and will sell the 2000SK. Gun mfg and holster makers ignore us minority leftys. Intend to contact Schumer on this and introduce a bill.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FWIW.... the decocking button is requiered partly due to the "technical guidelines" that are in place for German police pistols.
Not that it says that a decocker is requested.... but it requests that the pistol be carried decocked, no manual safty and that the striker hit the primer of the cartridge every time you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had some trouble at first, but started using the ball of my thumb and I found that for my hand and grip I was able to decock without having to change my grip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is it just me, or is the de-cock button on the P2000 a REALLY BAD idea??
I have to totally change my grip, and risk dropping the gun, in order to de-cock. And if my finger is not WELL away from the trigger, it would be REALLY easy to launch a round while trying to de-cock.
I would seriously consider the P30, except for that stupid de-cock button.
........But that's just my NSHO.......what do those of you who actually USE one have to say ???
Mine works well. No problems. Easy to use. You could get a Glock and wouldn't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do not like the decocker on the P2000 either. Love the gun itself but I wish they had just changed the rail on the USP frame and contoured the slide. I will not buy a P2000 or P30 unless it is LEM due to that decocker.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts