HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a p30. It's my first HK, and I'm having trouble field stripping it. I cock it then pull the slide back to where the notch lines up with the end of the slide release. I then try to pull the left slide release out and it only comes out half way. It seems no matter what position I have the slide in and no matter how hard I try to get the release off it won't come all the way out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
geoff,

it's not supposed to come all the way out. Basically you are just trying to get it on the "other side" of the slide. It comes out far enough for the slide to clear it and come all the way forward and off the gun. I hope this makes sense, but there is no need to completey remove it and I am not sure what steps you would take to do so, but i definitely would not try to force it off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Scott.. I tried what you said and it came apart fine. I was just going off what the manual says. The manual my gun came with says to completely remove both the left and right slide release levers and has pictures of a p2000 with its levers off. I don't see a separate section for the p30. Maybe I am missing something. I am used to my Sig which has a take down lever so this is new to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts