HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing to upgrade the Stock USP Compact?
Already have night sights, that to me is a must have have.

Thanks and love the site here.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I like the HK45c mag release which helps with mag changes. Other than that I'd just add ammo. There's really not a whole lot to improve on.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hk45c mag release is compatible with the USPc frame. It is larger, and much easier to actuate for most people, especially at speed.
Is it the same as the extended release, or are you talking about literally just using the mag release from from a USP standard 45?

·
Registered
40 Posts
it's the same as the one on a HK45. don't know if it's the same on a USP45 but you can see online for sure. it's a fat mag release the size of your pinky nail compared to the original.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is it the same as the extended release, or are you talking about literally just using the mag release from from a USP standard 45?
Ok. Let's start over. :)

The HK45c, a newer design gun that is not part of the USP series, has a mag release lever that is larger and "extended". It is compatible with the USPc frame. This mag release is really nice.

The HK45c is not the same as the USP45.

Does that clarify?

·
Registered
40 Posts
here's a picture of the extended mag release. notice how it's much bigger than what's currently on your USP. i just copied the picture from another forum member...he recently installed it on his own USP.

·
Registered
101 Posts
it's the same as the one on a HK45. don't know if it's the same on a USP45 but you can see online for sure. it's a fat mag release the size of your pinky nail compared to the original.
No! Not the hk45 release, the hk45c release. The hk45 and hk45c releases are not interchangeable parts, and it is the hk45c part that works with the USPc, not the hk45 one.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
132 Posts
As others already said, hk45c mag release. I would also recommend getting a hold of a gun with the light LEM trigger and trying it out. I feel like every USP should have it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

R

·
0 Posts
The only other thing I would do is the LEM Trigger. That is my pic above and it took 5 min to install but a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
As others already said, hk45c mag release. I would also recommend getting a hold of a gun with the light LEM trigger and trying it out. I feel like every USP should have it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
The only other thing I would do is the LEM Trigger. That is my pic above and it took 5 min to install but a world of difference.
While I personally am a huge fan of LEM I think that based on each persons need's it's a decision that needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis. I encourage everyone to explore all options available to them but LEM isn't the end all be all for all shooters.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
While I personally am a huge fan of LEM I think that based on each persons need's it's a decision that needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis. I encourage everyone to explore all options available to them but LEM isn't the end all be all for all shooters.
+1, I prefer my match trigger over the LEM.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I did the mag release upgrade, ambi control levers, standard hammer swap, added a threaded barrel, Novak taller night sights and installed a GG&G slim rail adaptor.

Here it is without the rail adaptor...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts