HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and a collector in a Latin American country. As an authorized collector in my country, I can legaly order and purchase, through Government channels, military firearms. I am thinking of ordering the following H&K, German made weapons, to add to my collection, based on a "best defensive weapon" criteria; your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

A) One of the following MP5's:

MP5SD6
MP5N w/detachable suppresor
MP5SDN

B) One of the following rifles:

G36
G36K
G36C

C) One of either:

MP7
UMP

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would choose the following from your list:

A) MP5N w/detachable suppressor

B) 416

C) MP7 (if you have a reliable source for ammo).

·
Registered
81 Posts
MP5N or MP5K-N

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your replies. As I already own an MP5K and a G3SG/1, another K or 3 would not be attractive. Ammo for the MP7 would be problematic, as there are none yet in country to my knowledge. Does anyone know if an MP5SDN exists with integral supressor made out of stainless steel which is supposedly more efficent in noise reduction terms than a normal SD? Does anyone know if an MP5N can be purchased with the detachable supressor included as a complete package? Would it make sense to order a 416 at this time, or should I wait until it has a more proven "track history"? Would it make more sense to order a Colt M4A1? Again, all weapons will go into a collection.

Incidentally and apologizing for my ignorance; why is it I cannot attach photos to this thread? Thanks for your input and best regards.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Knights Armament makes an MP5SD replacement silencer that is said by many to be the quietest can for this gun ever. It is made from stainless steel.

In testing by Robert Silvers the KAC repacement silencer metered at 123.6 db, while the factory HK SD can metered at 129.8 db.

To make a comparison, in Silvers testing the Gemtech Raptor 9 which is a thread mount can fired on an MP5N, metered at 131.9 db.

You can view his testing results here:
http://silencertests.com/reviews/list.pl?sortby=suppressed

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
1)MP5SDN

2)416

3)UMP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts