HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I can't be alone. I find myself desiring multiple HKs. I am fighting so hard to avoid getting a .45 caliber. I swore myself to stick to 9mm on autos so as to not get into having to purchase more than one caliber. I'm stocking up on 9mm so the LAST thing I want is to start having to get .45 cal. The tempting group buy on the tan HK45C is driving me INSANE. I've got the P30L and love it so why do I think I need a .45 cal? I tried to distract myself by almost buying a full size USP9 or USP9C. Or maybe the P2000SK? Someone tell me it's OK to stick with 9mm (seems childish to be a grown man and need someone to tell me it's OK- LOL !!!). I got a feeling I will end up getting a USP9 or USP9C, but I've never given the P2000 a real look. I find myself obsessing over owning more HKs. So I will sit here and be frustrated that I can't afford to buy one of every HK made in every caliber. Always seems to hit me on Sunday evenings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know how you feel. I'm wanting a P30 v3 so bad I can't see straight. I don't really need it, but I did something yesterday that no one should do ... I held one. Man do those just feel like they were made for you.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Navyman,
Thanks for all the work on the group buy. Still on the fence for the reasons I said above. Great videos too. You were a little hard on us 9mm guys in one of the vids- ha ha!

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Navyman,
Thanks for all the work on the group buy. Still on the fence for the reasons I said above. Great videos too. You were a little hard on us 9mm guys in one of the vids- ha ha!
Hey, not too bad. I stock 45acp and 9mm. I am on the fence if I want another 40s&w.

And no problem, I am happy to do it. And I feel your pain. I hate buying other rounds, and it is much easier to have one pistol, and one rifle cartridge.

I am mainly stocking 45's, but I have to get my 9mm stores up as well. I have a P30 and P30L 9mm on my list. I also have to stock 5.56, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51. Lots of money in ammo alone sitting at my house. I don't even want to do the math.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get the .45!! (if you havent already) You wont regret it, trust me. I got the full size and working on the C now. And not to mention, the .45acp is just a bad ass rnd!!

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I load 38 40 44 and 45 I won't even look at a 9mm because I don't want to reload anymore calibers. But I had to let someone that was not extreamly loving hk products take one of my hk45c shooting and see if it was as nice as I thought it was. He came backed and offered to buy it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm there with you. It's a sweet but painfull sickness. I need, yes, they're needs:
P2000 v1 or 3
USPc 9
HK45c (I'm obsessed watching the group buy thread, navyman rocks!, & waiting on next from straightgrain, who rocks as well)
HK45
Would love to have a rifle or 5, but dang!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Here, lemme help. I took this one out today and put 100ish rounds through it suppressed. Oh what fun it is to ride...

It's in 45acp and when suppressed, has such a soft recoil and I can shoot sans ear pro.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Why get .45? Because shooting twice is silly.

But seriously 45 is by far my most favorite caliber to shoot. I much prefer a boom and a push rather than the crack and snap of a 9mm. Combine 45auto with an HK USP. and you have probably the best shooting 45 handgun ever short of $3500 custom 1911s.

That being said 9mm is plenty effective. I learned to shoot with my fathers Beretta 92FS and its about the only 9mm that I actually love and shoot.

I stay away from 40.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I feel your pain as I'm a firm believer in cal standarization. With me, almost all of my pistols are .45 except for two, which are 9mms. I've considered trading them for .45s, but I've got such a huge store of 9mm ammo sitting around too. Shoot it up & sell them, yea, could do that, but with what ammo costs, even 9mm, I can't quite bring myself to "wasting" duty / defense ammo by just punching paper. I know, a self-imposed purgetory....

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I sold my .45 pistol once and ended up buying 2 more .45s within 6 months after. Everyone should have a .45 even if they don't shoot it all the time.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know your pain, just like most here. three 9mm's and sold them all and bought a usp45. When I went to purchase another gun I really wanted and still want an hk 9mm of some sort but told myself stick with 45, so I bought a kimber tle. And though it has been flawless in 400ish rounds, im agonizing and tormenting myself over not buying a p30l or usp 9 instead, especially because I have no idea when I can afford another gun. It sucks. And yes it will be ok, but just make sure you REALLY REALLY REALLY want that 45. Dont do what I did and settle. If your not 100% sure you want a 45c, dont get it. And Yes I wanted a 1911 and I love it, but I shoulda got another HK.....oh and then a buddy of mine just bought a harley davidson soft tail slim, and I want a street glide but cant afford that either. FML!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
you won't regret it and will probably buy more .45's.............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts