HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd make my first post an introduction in the FNG forum.
I'm not really new to the H&K line, I carried a USP compact in .40S&W for several years as well as routine quals with the MP5.
I was a Firearms Instructor for various alphabet agencies for 23 years (mainly CQB with pistol, shotgun, sub gun), and recently retired from DHS/ICE.
Now I run a 02FFL/03SOT here in AZ as a hobby, and a way to keep busy and not drive the wife crazy by being home 24/7.
Hope you don't mind having me around, I promise not to take up too much space or drink all the beer.

Kevin

·
Banned
384 Posts
Welcome to the mix!

Sounds like you've had more experience using this stuff than a lot of people here (including myself...)

Of course that doesnt keep us from enjoying them on the civilian side.

Hope you find the atmosphere as comfortable and informative as I have.

Hkx3

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome and enjoy this wonderful forum!!! Looking forward to what you may be able to add. Kind of stinks when you retire and you can't keep the great weapons you used to have.

Remember that there is no such thing as a dumb question, unless I ask it. lol.

Some time you might try to get a course together for some of us HK guys sometime in AZ. Preferably in the winter...

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Anytime you want to vacation in Florida and let one us board members play with some of those post samples you have, just pm me.

Oh yeah, welcome!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
This reminds me that I need/want to move to AZ.

Welcome aboard =)
Really? Suckers. I'm a rare native, so allow me to trash talk a little. Too hot, no winter, traffic sucks b/c this is a melting pot of people from all over the place, i.e. Chicago, New York or somewhere in California. And I want a city skyline that isn't spread out and broken up by houses throughout downtown.

On the plus side we have the Scottsdale Gun Club, which is about 25-30 northeast of Central Phoenix. Downtown Phoenix is improving, light rail will be up and running next year, we have a winning basketball and baseball team (despite them still having Bob Melvin as a manager) and there is football, too. Like when pro teams come and play in Glendale:p

But anyway, welcome to the forum and if you other guys want to move out here...well, okay.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Welcome aboard, lots of good info on here chip in when you can, take some info with you when you can. This site is much better than some of the others out there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome, I may know a little more on "tactical" operation of some of these fine weapons, but I really am lacking in the technical aspects.
Kind of stinks when you retire and you can't keep the great weapons you used to have.
Yeah, that's why I went with the 03FFL, these darn things are worse (and more expensive) than crack!
My favorite is the shop's MP5-K in .40 cal, even got the Gemtec Raptor 40 to go with it.
I also refinish them as well, got 2 trade ins from Alhambra PD that functioned just fine but looked as if they'd been used as hammers and prybars.
Now they look like new again.
Really? Suckers. I'm a rare native, so allow me to trash talk a little. Too hot, no winter, traffic sucks b/c this is a melting pot of people from all over the place, i.e. Chicago, New York or somewhere in California.
Heck Gerber, if it weren't for the heat we'd NEVER get rid of the snowbirds!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts