HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really jonesing for a suppressor and after hours of online homework on them, I have finally decided on the SWR Trident 9 for its superior suppression and its modularity.

I plan on getting a threaded barrel for my USPc 9mm and have seen many compacts with suppressors but I have never seen one on an Expert. My question is, will it negatively effect the gun in any way. I question this due to the longer barrel (even longer when threaded) and therefore increased leaverage from the weight of the can. Obviously a LID is needed but will it require a new recoil spring or can I just screw on the suppressor and shoot?

Also, does anyone know of any other barrel makers other than Jarvis and EFK that make aftermaket threaded HK barrels? I've done a lot of seaching and came up with this very short list.

Please enlighten me wise ones!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Jarvis is your best bet, IIRC they DO make an extended threaded barrel for the Expert.

Jarvis makes great barrels... they are match grade, with regular rifling so you can shoot lead etc...

As far as i can recall, with a recoil booster, it should function fine with the stock recoil spring, but if all else, you can get a Wolff recoil spring, im sure someone with a tad more knowledge can give you more insight on the spring issue, but the gun should work fine :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jarvis is your best bet, IIRC they DO make an extended threaded barrel for the Expert. :D

It's kinda weird, Javis makes threaded Expert barrels but no Compact barrels (in 9mm) while EFK makes threaded Compact barrels but no Expert!

Any other makers of HK barrels?

Any more input on the Expert/Suppressor combo?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've considered getting a threaded barrel for my Expert so I could use my B&T Impuls with it.
If the suppressors has an LID device I'd expect it should work with the standard spring. At least I'd try it first that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts