HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone suppressed a P30sk. If so was there blowback issues? Also, what barrel did you use? Did you have any accuracy issues?

I did try the search function and did not come up with much worthwhile.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've shot a suppressed p2000sk often with no issues. I have not had the opportunity to suppress the p30sk yet.
Who made the barrel? And, what suppressor did you use? Was there a blowback issue? How did it perform?

Any issues?
Thanks Cody

·
Priest of the P7
4,802 Posts
Ummm...why? The point of the SK is 'small'. Can defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also don't quite get it. The advantage of small is concealability. You cant conceal it with a suppressor unless you plan to attach it after drawing which is an unusual idea. Most use supressors at the range or home defense in which case a full size gun makes more sense. Do whatever you want of course just don't see the purpose that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just a data point, sorry for the necro-thread. I used an RCM barrel (great barrel, BTW) with my Osprey 9mm 200-300rds and it was actually a very handy and pleasant package. Since the recoil system doesn't have a buffer, however, the extra blowback seems like it's pushing the slide harder and farther to the rear. I have marks on my slide where it's bottoming out on the barrel and deforming the metal ahead of the locking block. RCM recommended I replace the recoil spring assembly, but the new one feels exactly like the old one (which was only lightly used), so I haven't chanced shooting it suppressed again. Anyone with any experience shooting any of the subcompacts suppressed please chime in with your story. 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it would be a cool and compact package with a P30SK with a Rugged Obsidian 9 in the K config.....should be a compact and fairly quiet package (for it's size).....Keep us posted on how this goes.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
It's only quiet with a full size can. At that point it's usually really front heavy. The SK doesn't really have the grip real estate to hold the gun firmly to deal with said weight. At least that was my experience with the USPc but I have huge hands. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts