HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone suppressed a P30sk. If so was there blowback issues? Also, what barrel did you use? Did you have any accuracy issues?

I did try the search function and did not come up with much worthwhile.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also don't quite get it. The advantage of small is concealability. You cant conceal it with a suppressor unless you plan to attach it after drawing which is an unusual idea. Most use supressors at the range or home defense in which case a full size gun makes more sense. Do whatever you want of course just don't see the purpose that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just a data point, sorry for the necro-thread. I used an RCM barrel (great barrel, BTW) with my Osprey 9mm 200-300rds and it was actually a very handy and pleasant package. Since the recoil system doesn't have a buffer, however, the extra blowback seems like it's pushing the slide harder and farther to the rear. I have marks on my slide where it's bottoming out on the barrel and deforming the metal ahead of the locking block. RCM recommended I replace the recoil spring assembly, but the new one feels exactly like the old one (which was only lightly used), so I haven't chanced shooting it suppressed again. Anyone with any experience shooting any of the subcompacts suppressed please chime in with your story. Material property Cylinder Tool accessory
Metal

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
453 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
It's only quiet with a full size can. At that point it's usually really front heavy. The SK doesn't really have the grip real estate to hold the gun firmly to deal with said weight. At least that was my experience with the USPc but I have huge hands. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone suppressed a P30sk. If so was there blowback issues? Also, what barrel did you use? Did you have any accuracy issues?

I did try the search function and did not come up with much worthwhile.

Thanks
Cody
I just did and wrote a post about it. Mine worked flawlessly. I had a threaded barrel that I bought for my P2000SK which wouldn't cycle properly with my Gemtech GM-45. Never got to try it with my Osprey 40. That said, I thought it was the barrel. Well, My P30SK works flawlessly with both cans and that barrel so I think it's has to do with the recoil spring being better on my P30SK. Either way, I was blown away.

I will ad, my Glock 17 Gen 5 won't cycle correctly with my GM-45. So again, ultra impressed with my P30SK. It's kinda making me think about going back to HK as my primary. Side note, due to the low bore axis you can't run an X300U and an Osprey on a Glock 17. I know you can on a P30 and I think even a VP9.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's only quiet with a full size can. At that point it's usually really front heavy. The SK doesn't really have the grip real estate to hold the gun firmly to deal with said weight. At least that was my experience with the USPc but I have huge hands. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
What can are you running?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts